UnderGround Forums

SBGI >> Getting reps in

2/18/11 6:59 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
m.g
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/18/11 7:02 PM
Yoshida4life,

There are scientific studies done on this subject matter believe it or not. I have alot at home. The field of study where this type of stuff is researched is know by many different names including Motor skill Behavior. It is generally studied by individuals who study Psychology, Neurology, Physical Education, Physiology, or Exercise Science. People use the information for all sort of stuff.

The thing about the studies is the information or results of the study can be applied in many ways and can be used to validate both camps. In other words the scientific studies don't necessarily "prove" a thing, at least, they don't prove a thing in regards to this discussion/debate: namely, that one method of drilling is absolutely "better" than the other.

What the scientific studies do say is certain methods fit or suit certain objectives or goals better than others. BUT because one method works best for a specific situation and objective, comparing that method to another method which fits a different situation and has different objectives is like comparing apples and oranges. In other words it is a matter of context.
2/19/11 4:15 PM
Matt Thornton
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"I try to fit in the isolation part of the i-method whenever i can but sometimes it's hard to find a good training partner that i can communicate with. It's always balls to the wall rolling or 100% dead drills." I understand GFG, I've taught all over the world, as have several other SBG Coaches, and your experience is more common then not. Just keep introducing the idea to people, once they experience it few will want to go back to the former method.
2/21/11 11:48 PM
GFG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 02/21/11 11:50 PM
everyone i train with outside of a class setting, has been introduced to the importance of isolation with progressive resistance, and love it.

I'll keep spreading the word in my area, that's for sure

however after watching one of the sbgi i-method videos, i realized how i can break down the isolation even further to one small detail and work that area alone in isolation.
6/30/11 1:34 AM
HoldYerGround
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

To breathe life back into a dead (but awesome) thread, are there I-method videos available for download? I don't have any access to most video sites like youtube because they are blocked (youku is ok).

I have seen a number of them previously but I would like to revisit the details.
7/4/11 2:29 AM
cprevost
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You can see some class footage of me using the imethod in class at my blog. Several blog posts on the subject as well..... caneprevost.com
7/6/11 10:16 PM
HoldYerGround
161 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still cannot view the videos :(

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.