UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Taylor out Holst in vs Gunderson at TUF 11 Finale

5/7/10 8:22 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1154 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Paul Taylorand John Gunderson.were expected to meet on June 19's "The Ultimate Fighter 11" finale in a re-booking of a fight originally scheduled for UFC 112 last month. However, sources today told MMAjunkie.com that Taylor has been removed from the bout and replaced by UFC newcomer Mark Holst.

The reason for Taylor's removal is unknown at the time of this writing, though his manager, Paul Hennessy, in April told MMAjunkie.com that the British fighter intended to get a full medical checkup and CT scan shortly after he suffered what officials called a "classic migraine" that forced him off UFC 112 just hours before it took place.

It appears Taylor may not have been cleared for the June 19 contest.

Read entire article...

5/7/10 10:45 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Curtis Low
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Holst is awesome I will be watching this fight for sure, This is Mark Boots Holst right?
5/7/10 10:52 AM
MM-eh
755 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yes
5/7/10 10:57 AM
Curtis Low

awesome I can't wait to see this!
5/7/10 12:29 PM
brodes

Mark Holst is the real deal! I am so stoked to see him make his UFC debut!
5/7/10 1:15 PM
TeamRenzo

Curtis Low - Holst is awesome I will be watching this fight for sure, This is Mark Boots Holst right?

Yup, same guy!

I am glad to see Boots in the UFC, he has earned it. I have a feeling that he will gather fans quickly, he has KO power and a great personality.

TTT for Boots!
5/7/10 1:30 PM
PJ Benn Fan
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TeamRenzo - 
Curtis Low - Holst is awesome I will be watching this fight for sure, This is Mark Boots Holst right?

Yup, same guy!

I am glad to see Boots in the UFC, he has earned it. I have a feeling that he will gather fans quickly, he has KO power and a great personality.

TTT for Boots!

I remember back in the day I saw his first fight when he kicked Shane Savage in the head to end the fight at the Apex show.
5/7/10 2:08 PM
Griffdog
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR Gunderson!
5/7/10 2:42 PM
john joe
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only Magazine, Website Editor
Taylor is fine btw, just a precaution
5/7/10 3:01 PM
BanTheUKmmaNoobs

john joe - Taylor is fine btw, just a precaution

Anymore info on this JJ?

Taylor is one of my favourite fighters and seeing him cancel all these fights is worrying. I'm thinking either his CT scan came back with problems, or he's messing up his weight cuts and pissing the UFC off in the process.
5/7/10 3:09 PM
john joe
396 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fighters Only Magazine, Website Editor
absolutely NO problems with his CAT or any other scans or tests, and he was put through a battery of them. The UFC paid for all of these tests incidentally, something it does as standard.

Doctors want to put him through all the same tests again in a couple of months and have asked him not to train or compete until then; they think his migraine was simply a result of the first-time cut to 155 but they want to be sure and that means eliminating all other factors

Its just playing it safe and while it sucks for taylor and his fans its obviously best for the long run, better safe than sorry. But the mood in his camp is definitely that this is just a formality/precaution rather than anything serious looming.
5/7/10 3:32 PM
Twostep
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Best wishes to Taylor, love watching him fight.
5/7/10 9:41 PM
Curtis Low

this is going to be awesome I really wanna see boots put on a clinic, I am so amped, I knew he'd be in the UFC one day
5/10/10 1:10 PM
BanTheUKmmaNoobs

john joe - absolutely NO problems with his CAT or any other scans or tests, and he was put through a battery of them. The UFC paid for all of these tests incidentally, something it does as standard.

Doctors want to put him through all the same tests again in a couple of months and have asked him not to train or compete until then; they think his migraine was simply a result of the first-time cut to 155 but they want to be sure and that means eliminating all other factors

Its just playing it safe and while it sucks for taylor and his fans its obviously best for the long run, better safe than sorry. But the mood in his camp is definitely that this is just a formality/precaution rather than anything serious looming.
Thanks for the info.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.