UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Thoughts on Omaha Cash Games?

5/7/10 4:19 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
joesonshuevos
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I play a lil 6-8 handed game 6 days a week. Many calling stations, so tough to bluff. I really need to master the math.
5/8/10 8:02 PM
wreckker
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

08 or just high?

I play both 5-8000 hands a week
5/8/10 9:56 PM
joesonshuevos
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

high
5/9/10 6:21 PM
wreckker
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Jeff hwang first book . " big play staretdgy " is the best book for starting plo that I have seen.

There are some crappy books out there as well...will iam jokush has some thoughts in his book that are donkiesh.

You have to read some quality books to understand how to think and play omaha.

Jeffs second book is excellenty but 700 pages !  the first book is enough to get ya going good:}

5/9/10 6:21 PM
wreckker

Jeff hwang first book . " big play staretdgy " is the best book for starting plo that I have seen.

There are some crappy books out there as well...will iam jokush has some thoughts in his book that are donkiesh.

You have to read some quality books to understand how to think and play omaha.

Jeffs second book is excellenty but 700 pages !  the first book is enough to get ya going good:}

5/11/10 11:55 AM
joesonshuevos

Greaaaaat. I have 10 10 whatever. Flop comes 10 2 2. Turn is a 2.....ffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu
5/14/10 11:25 AM
joesonshuevos

Last night, I saw some weird shit. I have Ad 6d and 2 other cards. Flop comes 9d 10s Qd. It's a .25/.5o game. Betting went 2, raise to $5 to me. I call. Original bettor raises 25. Guy who bet 5 tanks and shows guy to the left. $25 bettor guy erupts. Guy folds and I fold. Guy folded had the NUTS, but said, "I didn't like it". WTF

On a side note: it's a friendly game and guys show each other cards all the time. Every now and then, someone gets upset though. Maybe a rule should be made.
5/16/10 3:56 AM
ATLien420
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I deal a 2/5 hold'em game 3 times a week, but saturdays is omaha rotating between high and 8. It's literally a donk fest. I've noticed that people who are normally semi-solid holdem players can be HORRIBLE in omaha. They all play too many hands. Its a 10 handed game and avgs 6 to the flop at least. I swear it plays like a .25/.50 game on the internet, but there is easily 15k+ on the table at any time...its ridiculous really, all they do is pass money back and forth while paying rake

wow im really stoned this is by far the longest mindless rant i've ever written on a forum hahahahaha
5/17/10 3:27 PM
wreckker

joesonshuevos -  Last night, I saw some weird shit. I have Ad 6d and 2 other cards. Flop comes 9d 10s Qd. It's a .25/.5o game. Betting went 2, raise to $5 to me. I call. Original bettor raises 25. Guy who bet 5 tanks and shows guy to the left. $25 bettor guy erupts. Guy folds and I fold. Guy folded had the NUTS, but said, "I didn't like it". WTF

On a side note: it's a friendly game and guys show each other cards all the time. Every now and then, someone gets upset though. Maybe a rule should be made.

A bare nut straight is not much of a hand in omaha... especially with a flush draw out.

There is a 60% chance the board will eiother pair and or put up a flush card.

correct playt usually is to check fold with any bet and raise on flop with just a nu8t straight on many boards.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.