UnderGround Forums

JKD UnderGround >> Wing Chun x Bagua.

5/7/10 4:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kai Tremeche
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/07/10 4:27 PM

Hmmm... I'm having problems telling who is who by the techniques displayed once contact is made.
5/7/10 8:05 PM
HEMAN
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The wing chun guy is wearing a William Cheung t shirt. He constantly switches stance and use an asking hand. UGH...he basically becomes a boxer at the 245 mark...
5/7/10 10:08 PM
Kai Tremeche

That's pretty much what I saw. They posture with the style, then it becomes back kickboxing.
5/7/10 11:54 PM
ReneH

That was some horrible fighting there! Yikes!
5/9/10 6:09 AM
shen
672 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/09/10 6:28 AM
Yep, that is almost always the case with striking styles --as soon as they start full contact sparring, it becomes sloppy kickboxing.

--So why not just train kickboxing to being with...?

Nothing against the guys fighting --good for them-- but they were completely unprepared by their coaches. They didn't have enough defense to be fighting full-contact , IMO.

If that was the Bagua guy's coach talking into the camera, he sounded like a real idiot; wasn't there for his fighter.

And I defy anyone to point out a single moment of "Bagua" in that whole backyard MMA slopfest.
5/9/10 3:12 PM
Paul Hopkins
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This ufc like event had far too many rules for wing chun or bagua to get a fair trial.
6/11/10 2:21 PM
HEMAN
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm actually thinking about rolling up and competing. I have trained under William Cheung org before; however, I would prob. use boxing/kickboxing tactics. ODD rules. They allow takedowns and ground/pound but no submissions. Kinda like the OLD WCC rules where Renzo owned.
6/13/10 4:25 PM
m.g
34 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"...almost always the case with striking styles --as soon as they start full contact sparring, it becomes sloppy kickboxing. So why not just train kickboxing to being with...?

Million dollar question!
7/11/10 1:35 AM
nowaydo
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

m.g - "...almost always the case with striking styles --as soon as they start full contact sparring, it becomes sloppy kickboxing. So why not just train kickboxing to being with...?

Million dollar question!

Yeap!

If only those styles trained you to actually fight someone who is fighting you back. Much of the structure of their original styles deteriorates when someone actual punches back or grabs them.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.