UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Cro Cop's downfall

5/11/10 5:45 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
PRIDE FC 35
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This picture says it all, an old Cro Cop with bad knees fails to hurt the weak chinned & hearted Overeem with a clean left high kick.

http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/fighter/f_2326/66800/105

I don't see good things in store for CC vs a prime Barry. Cro Cop is now MMA's Ken Griffey, both were once one of the best in the world and now one was daydreaming of fishing in Croatia while walking to the cage and the other was sleeping during a game when they needed him to pinch hit.
5/11/10 5:49 PM
Andy the man

Prime cc (that went 3 rounds with fedor) was arguably the baddest man on the planet in his prime.

NASTY stand up, amazing sprawl, was some next level cop and was just an out and out eastern european bad ass.

What happened mirko ?
5/11/10 5:55 PM
PRIDE FC 35

100+ fights through amateur boxing, K-1, & MMA, injuries, age and just becoming burned out IMO.
5/11/10 5:57 PM
D_S_A

bad knees or legs

he can't move around well anymore and his kicks have no power, remember how Kongo was mocking him? it would make you think Kongo was some kind of super invincible kickboxer when actually he sucks
5/11/10 6:08 PM
ajjr0ller
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Andy the man - Prime cc (that went 3 rounds with fedor) was arguably the baddest man on the planet in his prime.

Not trying to be a stickler but didn't that match prove that Fedor was the baddest man on the planet?
5/11/10 6:09 PM
RickStorm
1826 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I still Believe Mirko!!!!

Please give me that head shot one more time..

wait!!!

what???

No homo...
5/11/10 6:33 PM
Caligulus

Proof is in the pics, just look at the guy..

Young:
http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/fighter/f_2326/4559/
http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/fighter/f_2326/3210/
http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/fighter/f_2326/3218/

Old:
http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/fighter/f_2326/106382/
http://www.sherdog.com/pictures/gallery/fighter/f_2326/106332/

People just age man. The man is still a legend and my personal favorite. I still maintain he did the best against Junior Dos Santos to this point (the man who will become the reigning and dominant HW champion)
5/11/10 6:35 PM
Caligulus

ajjr0ller - 
Andy the man - Prime cc (that went 3 rounds with fedor) was arguably the baddest man on the planet in his prime.

Not trying to be a stickler but didn't that match prove that Fedor was the baddest man on the planet?

Yeah but at the time he gave Fedor a good run... I don't know what happened other than the fact that he choked... he had Fedor wobbly for a second and went in for the kill and then somehow ended up on his back. Fedor did what he does and took over from there.
5/11/10 7:01 PM
ranier wolfcastle
1057 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

if hes got bad knees he should get surguries
Alistair Overeem vs. Mirko Filipovic
5/11/10 7:04 PM
kanotoa
145 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No roids?
5/11/10 7:06 PM
Andy the man

ajjr0ller - 

I agree, but the key word is 'arguably'.

I mean, the guy was a KILLER in mma and a KILLER out of it !

Was big in parliment (sp ?), was in the anti terrosrist unit i beleive, was 'probably' the deadliest striker on the planet and just oozed bad ass.
5/11/10 7:06 PM
Flying Teep
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Overeem is lucky, if those kneepads hadn't cushioned the blow..... :)
5/11/10 7:08 PM
D_S_A

kanotoa - No roids?

roids are great for repairing and preventing injuries

now whether thats the story with cro cop or not i cant say
5/11/10 7:14 PM
Andy the man

Those white and red shorts reminds me of the old cc.
5/11/10 7:19 PM
BaddKarma

Crocop brokedown when he realized that Fedor would duck him forever for a rematch.
5/11/10 7:24 PM
molsonman
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BaddKarma -  Crocop brokedown when he realized that Fedor would duck him forever for a rematch.

Only on the OG can you beat someone convincingly and still be called out for ducking them.
5/11/10 7:28 PM
D_S_A

BaddKarma -  Crocop brokedown when he realized that Fedor would duck him forever for a rematch.

Crocop brokedown when Fedor broke him down. His power slowly drained

1st his headkick couldn't even knockdown Mark Hunt

then it couldn't knock down anyone.

Now he can barely even throw it.
5/11/10 7:31 PM
BaddKarma

molsonman - 

Only on the OG can you beat someone convincingly and still be called out for ducking them.

Mirko just kept backing off the whole fight and lost a decision because of that, other than that Fedor didn't do shit to him and Crocop almost KOed him.
5/11/10 7:33 PM
Telamon
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor dominated the entire fight.
5/11/10 8:20 PM
Chappie
91 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

"Mirko just kept backing off the whole fight and lost a decision because of that, other than that Fedor didn't do shit to him and Crocop almost KOed him."

No he didn't, Fedor clearly won every round of that fight.
5/12/10 9:23 AM
damaebushi
94 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Been a long time since I watched the Fedor/Mirko fight, but from what I remember, it looked to me like Fedor hit Mirko w/an excellent kick to the body and that really affected Mirko for the rest of the fight.  Could be wrong, though.  Never heard anyone else mention that, so maybe it is my Alzheimer's kicking in.

Respectfully:

Fred
5/12/10 9:40 AM
ASBELTOMATO
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

cop knew he couldn't get past fedor, so he was happy when he won the 2006 pride grand prix, and realized that was his pinnacle.
5/12/10 9:44 AM
disbeliever
392 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol only on the UG can someone say Fedor was ducking a rematch with CC or that Cro Cop won that fight
5/12/10 9:46 AM
THE GENEHUNTER

Edited: 05/12/10 9:49 AM
 PB WILL BLAST MIRKO!!!!!!! CROCOP IS DONE!!

WAR SANDA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

I WAS HERE IN '97 LONG LIVE NHB!!!!!!!
5/12/10 9:46 AM
JudOWNED
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CC always had plodding footwork, moving straight in and out, with little head movement. Didn't matter much back then when he was young, fast and strong. But now that he's older, he's slowed down, gotten a weaker chin and isn't hitting as hard as he used to. So, he's going to get picked apart and KO'd by any decent striker. Plus he's a little small for the current crop of heavy weights.

And trust me, I WISH I WAS WRONG.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.