UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kelly vs. Volkmann official for UFC 116

5/12/10 7:13 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1292 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

As expected Jacob Volkmann (10-2 MMA, 1-2 UFC) is slotted to fight fellow lightweight Paul Kelly (10-2 MMA, 4-2 UFC) in July at UFC 116.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) first reported the bout's likelihood this past week, and UFC executives recently made the preliminary-card fight official.

UFC 116 takes place July 3 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The night's main card, including a heavyweight title-unification bout between champ Brock Lesnar and interim belt-holder Shane Carwin, airs on pay-per-view.

The Volkmann vs. Kelly fight features two former welterweights looking for new life in the lightweight division.

Read entire article...

5/12/10 7:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
purist
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great fight!

I think Volkmann's very underrated because of his losses to Kampmann and Thiago (who are both elite competition), and Kelly looked incredible against Veach.

Not sure who to pick.
5/12/10 7:44 AM
BanTheUKmmaNoobs
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Really interesting fight. If Kelly fights like he did against Veach - oh man! Could be a rough night for Xmas.

But like purist said, Volkmann's no joke.
5/12/10 7:49 AM
explodingboy

Excellent fight.

5/12/10 7:57 AM
explodingboy

goggs2009 - O YEAH!!!! I just watched Kelly's last fight yesterday for the first time he and was brilliant. I was hoping he would get a tough fight. When is the UK card and are you going lee and explodingboy?
The card is on October at the O2. I'm probably going, I think HBL might be. Are you going to try and get there mate? After Bisping wrecks Miller, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bisping v Wanderlei 2 on the card.

5/12/10 8:43 AM
cycklops
316 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The first time I saw Volkmann was against Thiago. I became a huge fan at that point. I'll take him in this fight.
5/12/10 10:31 AM
Archer0545

explodingboy - 
goggs2009 - O YEAH!!!! I just watched Kelly's last fight yesterday for the first time he and was brilliant. I was hoping he would get a tough fight. When is the UK card and are you going lee and explodingboy?
The card is on October at the O2. I'm probably going, I think HBL might be. Are you going to try and get there mate? After Bisping wrecks Miller, I wouldn't be surprised to see Bisping v Wanderlei 2 on the card.

Why would Wandy take a step down?  He won their fight.  Bisping could barely get off the canvas when it was over.  No point in a rematch.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.