UnderGround Forums

SoundGround >> Just released an album on iTunes

5/17/10 10:34 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TheBlazilian
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I posted this over on the OG, but know it will sink to the bottom in a matter of minutes.

I just got back from Minneapolis for the CD Release show and was pleased to see that iTunes was on point with getting it up very close to the release show.

Kristoff Krane presents...

Kristoff Krane and Strange Matter "Picking Flowers Next to Roadkill" We just dropped it on Saturday and we're VERY proud with the way it came out. We ended up getting features from P.O.S., Eyedea, and Slug of Atmosphere. It was a pleasure working with Kris and, IMO, I couldn't be more proud of this.

Check it out if your into Hip Hop. I hope you like it, fellas.
5/19/10 4:43 PM
banjo
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Congrats on the release!

I love listening to independent artists and seeing what's out there. I'm not really into hiphop, but I'll give it a listen.

Are there previews available?
5/21/10 4:07 PM
TheBlazilian
82 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

banjo - Congrats on the release!

I love listening to independent artists and seeing what's out there. I'm not really into hiphop, but I'll give it a listen.

Are there previews available?

Sorry for the delay, bud. Yeah, I got a link to a free download. Kristoff is more of an R&B kinda cat with great skills. It's a very conscience album. We also took more of a R&B approach to the production.

http://kristoffkrane.bandcamp.com/track/dont-mean-a-thing-feat-p-o-s-free-track-download

This track was featured on Guitar Center's Fresh Cuts. I'm not to big on their Free-D's but I can't argue with 50k pressed and handed out free nationwide.

Enjoy!
5/21/10 5:01 PM
TheBlazilian

Also...

If you want a listen to the whole album (in snippets) iTunes lets you take a very brief listen to the album song by song. It's not much, but it's a gauge for the feel of the album.
5/27/10 7:32 AM
GracieDisc
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Blaz, you need to get in touch with Handsomejaws and me. We also do hip hop....we should collab on somethin...and do an OG joint.

I just mastered Uno's latest, and just dropped a new LP just last month.

Me - http://FabdaEclectic.bandcamp.com

Uno - http://www.astrangerevolt.com/

5/28/10 5:05 PM
TheBlazilian

GracieDisc - Blaz, you need to get in touch with Handsomejaws and me. We also do hip hop....we should collab on somethin...and do an OG joint.

I just mastered Uno's latest, and just dropped a new LP just last month.

Me - http://FabdaEclectic.bandcamp.com

Uno - http://www.astrangerevolt.com/

Hell yeah, man. Get at me via my e-mail and lets see what we can work out. AutoBeatMaker@gmail.com
6/12/10 12:19 AM
banjo

Do you guys make any money from your albums?

(GD - I see you offer yours for free)
6/12/10 2:01 AM
tj tapper
48 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could you explain the process alittle bit. I am thinking of putting my bands album on but wanna be clear about how to go about it.
6/12/10 11:12 AM
GracieDisc
140 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

banjo - Do you guys make any money from your albums?

(GD - I see you offer yours for free)

The reason I offer mine for free is I make money off my instrumentals, selling them to TV and movies through publishing deals. I make more doing that than selling an album.
6/13/10 12:20 AM
banjo

Can you post any of your instrumentals? I'd love to hear them.
6/13/10 10:15 AM
GracieDisc

Banjo:

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=913968
6/13/10 4:51 PM
banjo

Good stuff, GD! Have those been used in any show or commercials?

What do you record with? (software, instruments)
6/13/10 9:00 PM
GracieDisc

Thanks Banjo. I just uploaded a couple instrumental CDs to my bandcamp page so you can hear a little more range.

I've had my music on CSI, Farscape and ESPN/ABC Sports a couple of times. I've also done a couple B movies in the past. Last year I sold a cut to Reebok for commercial airplay in Europe (my song "HMC").

I use Acid Pro, Soundforge, Waves Mercury and Izotope for Mastering. I use a lot of live instrumentation too. The new music I'm working on (not out yet) is a lot of live stuff and is on the Broken Bells/Gnarls Barkley tip.

6/13/10 10:18 PM
banjo

How did you get involved in that part of the business? (soundtrack stuff)
6/14/10 8:55 AM
GracieDisc

Actually I just fell into it. The CBS/SciFi/ESPN thing came all in one fell swoop. I ended up going to an album release party out in LA a few years back and met a dude who took it to the networks for me. He died a while back and I had no contacts on the inside.

I teamed up with a company called "Pump Audio" back in 2005. They're really good (and are partners with Getty) and will definitely get you lots of placements if your stuff is good. Problem is, they take 50% as part of the deal.

Bottom line is, unless you know someone on the inside, your best bet is to go through a company like Pump or Getty.
6/14/10 1:14 PM
banjo

Thanks for sharing, GD. That's great info.
6/14/10 1:18 PM
banjo

GD - I just looked up PumpAudio/Getty. Did you know as of December 31, 2009 they now take 65% and give you 35%?
6/14/10 1:24 PM
GracieDisc

Damn...the raping continues.
6/14/10 5:32 PM
TheBlazilian

GD, hit me up with the e-mail, mang!
6/15/10 8:39 AM
GracieDisc

Email sent playa.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.