UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> "Stone Cold" Austin Guests on "IT"S TIME" Radio

5/18/10 12:59 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Bruce Buffer
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello All:

This weeks show with "Stone Cold" Steve Austin as my special guest is going to be fun! Tune in and call-in and talk about whatever you want to during the "180" segment.

Cheers,

BB
________

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin Guests on "IT'S TIME!" Radio This Tuesday!!!

Join us for an exciting hour of lifestyles radio as Bruce Buffer welcomes professional wrestler and motion picture star "Stone Cold" Steve Austin. Listen in as the "VOTO" discusses MMA, film and behind the scenes professional wrestling with Steve Austin, who is a huge UFC fan and just finished filming "The Expendables" with Sylvestor Stallone, Jet Li, Randy Couture, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren and Mickey Rourke.

All this and much more! Call in's are welcome at 877-967-9244 during the live podcast.
5/18/10 12:59 AM
Bruce Buffer
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 05/18/10 12:59 AM

Steve is a huge UFC/MMA fan... Cheers!
5/18/10 1:16 AM
ShanTheMan
811 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome, ask him when he can teach GSP the Rattler's Revenge
5/18/10 1:17 AM
Kirik
1846 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
 ttt
5/18/10 1:19 AM
Crooklyn
733 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Redneck=Reality
Oh hell yeah! 
5/20/10 12:13 AM
Underground News
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Sylvester Stallone is "a big pro-wrestling fan, he’s a huge MMA fan and you know we filmed part of the (Epxendables) movie in Brazil and we got to meet the Nogueira Brothers, I met Vitor Belfort, of course you know between takes a lot of times we were filming into the wee hours of the night and I sit there one time and asked Randy Couture questions about fighting and everything else that went on in his career for three hours straight. Finally I looked at Randy and said, ‘all right, Randy, one more question,’ and he looked at me and goes, ‘I know you’re going to ask me more than one more question.’”

“There’s a lot of guys in the business that could go (to MMA). You know back in the day you know as MMA has evolved and has turned into what it is now, so many of the guys I think would have been tremendous in that sport if they had started sooner. I remember growing up in South Texas that if it had been around a long time ago you know it’d be something that I would have been really interested in because I always liked individual competition. I’m not sitting here talking to you saying I would have been a UFC World Champion, I’m just saying that I have the mentality and the mindset that I would have liked to go down that road had I been exposed to it sooner in my life and that’s why I’m such a huge fan of the UFC and MMA in general. But going back to those Steiner Brothers, they were double-tough but don’t mistake them for being mean, they were just cantankerous and funny guys and probably some of the best guys you’d ever want to meet on the road and if you did ever want to get in a fight you damn sure want The Steiner Brothers on your side.”

Listen to entire interview...
Read entire transcript...

5/20/10 12:13 AM
Underground News
1228 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Sylvester Stallone is "a big pro-wrestling fan, he’s a huge MMA fan and you know we filmed part of the (Epxendables) movie in Brazil and we got to meet the Nogueira Brothers, I met Vitor Belfort, of course you know between takes a lot of times we were filming into the wee hours of the night and I sit there one time and asked Randy Couture questions about fighting and everything else that went on in his career for three hours straight. Finally I looked at Randy and said, ‘all right, Randy, one more question,’ and he looked at me and goes, ‘I know you’re going to ask me more than one more question.’”

“There’s a lot of guys in the business that could go (to MMA). You know back in the day you know as MMA has evolved and has turned into what it is now, so many of the guys I think would have been tremendous in that sport if they had started sooner. I remember growing up in South Texas that if it had been around a long time ago you know it’d be something that I would have been really interested in because I always liked individual competition. I’m not sitting here talking to you saying I would have been a UFC World Champion, I’m just saying that I have the mentality and the mindset that I would have liked to go down that road had I been exposed to it sooner in my life and that’s why I’m such a huge fan of the UFC and MMA in general. But going back to those Steiner Brothers, they were double-tough but don’t mistake them for being mean, they were just cantankerous and funny guys and probably some of the best guys you’d ever want to meet on the road and if you did ever want to get in a fight you damn sure want The Steiner Brothers on your side.”

Listen to entire interview...
Read entire transcript...

5/20/10 12:16 AM
frontrowbrian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/20/10 12:20 AM
Bobby71

What?
5/20/10 12:27 AM
frontrowbrian

WHAT?
5/20/10 12:52 AM
Dizzle187

silver star overpriced and copies affliction style BRUCE
5/20/10 5:52 AM
gangsta101

Edited: 05/20/10 5:52 AM
Austin would have done MMA if the pay wasn't peanuts compared to the more intricate art of pro-wrestling. Brock get's paid 500k per fight, Austin wouldn't get up to take a piss for anything less than a few million.

Be grateful his neck injury held him back (kurt angle as well) or he would have amassed a fedor type record. 
5/20/10 10:15 AM
sewich
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fiercedragon - so long as pro-rasslin tools show up in mma, mma will never be taken seriously...

must suck to have one of those tools come in and after a couple years of training defeat 2 former champions within his first 4 fights.
5/20/10 10:39 AM
stevekt
643 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It was beyond awesome Stone Cold was at a UFC event and the caption under him read "Stone Cold Steve Austin, 6 time WWE Champion". Oh hell yeah!
5/20/10 10:47 AM
Squared Circle
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

STONE COLD -  I’m not sitting here talking to you saying I would have been a UFC World Champion... 
Stone Cold is modest. 
If he had wanted to make the transition, I see a warm up fight followed by a Heavyweight title win.  2-0 to the championship.
5/20/10 11:27 AM
Magic8

Stone Cold is the man.

Fuck the haters.
5/20/10 11:33 AM
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What?
5/20/10 11:35 AM
flesheatingbull

stone cold is the shit. i mean that in a good way.
5/20/10 12:57 PM
John Nic

"must suck to have one of those tools come in and after a couple years of training defeat 2 former champions within his first 4 fights. "

yeah it must suck to be beaten by someone who has eaten a hundred times the horse meat as overeem.
5/20/10 1:19 PM
Squared Circle
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stone Cold posting on the UG would enrich us all.
5/20/10 1:36 PM
Dawkins

That was your best show yet Bruce. Joe Rogan also had his best podcast this week, so good job team Zuffa.
5/20/10 2:16 PM
Augie Max
171 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMA Roundup, Founder & Editor

5/20/10 2:21 PM
DiegoGaggedOnBJ
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

slamming -  Austin in 2000 in conjunction with The Rock was off the chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaain.

AND THAT'S THE BOTTOM LINE!
5/20/10 2:42 PM
Old Feller
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Squared Circle -  Stone Cold posting on the UG would enrich us all.
 I never gave two craps about wwe, but this statement is 100% fact.
5/20/10 2:46 PM
Dawkins

Pretty sure all mma fans watched WWE at one point in their life.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.