UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW: Winner of Rampage vs Rashad gets title shot

5/19/10 9:33 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1249 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

UFC president Dana White confirmed earlier talk that the winner of the May 29 grudge match will be the first to challenge the promotion's newly minted light heavyweight champion, Mauricio "Shogun" Rua.

"I did commit to the winner getting a title shot," White said during an action-packed conference call promoting the event, which takes place at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.

Jackson, who's repeatedly called the May 29 fight a "tune-up," said the title opportunity has come at the perfect time. 

"I've been training for this fight like it was a title shot," Jackson said. "I've been training five rounds because I still feel like I'm a champion in my mind. So for it to be a title shot next makes it sweet ... So I can just go right into it and keep training those five round and get my belt back and get back on the right track of being one of the best fighters in the world."

White made no mention of a timetable for Rua's first title defense.

Read entire article...
Read entire transcript...

5/19/10 9:39 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
AngryFoamy
252 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looks like it's Rampage/Shogun 2. 
5/19/10 9:40 AM
Archer0545
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad shogun IMO
5/19/10 9:50 AM
Nexuscrawlers
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rashad def doesnt deserve a title shot, and rampage only barely does. they should each have at least one more fight before a title shot.
5/19/10 9:51 AM
Rorrexx44

My favorite fighter is Rampage...so for him to win, well, thats what I want, but If he fights Shogun again, it will be his hardest fight to date. I think his upcoming fight will be his hardest to date because Rashad is the most complete fighter he will have faced so far. But either way, win or lose, Rampage is a great fighter, and he could beat anyone In my mind.
Plus he has a better shot at beating Shogun than Rashad. We've seen what happens when Rashad goes against a Striking Brazilian.
5/19/10 9:52 AM
Rorrexx44

Nexuscrawlers - Rashad def doesnt deserve a title shot, and rampage only barely does. they should each have at least one more fight before a title shot.

Rampage never got a rematch after his fight with forrest, witch was very very close.
5/19/10 10:13 AM
jpm995
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nexuscrawlers - Rashad def doesnt deserve a title shot, and rampage only barely does. they should each have at least one more fight before a title shot.
.....He beat me to it. I was just gonna say someone will post one or the other guy doesn't deserve a title shot..blah, blah blah,,,and here it is. If Brock dropped to 205 he wouldn't deserve a title shot either, right? Or GSP shouldn't fight A. Silva. After all he's 0-0 at 185.
5/19/10 10:49 AM
nomad1974
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Logically speaking. The winner of Page-Rashad should get a title shot.

When you take fighters schedules into account and who actually deserve the shot, Machida is the only guy i can think of who could step in. But considering his eye is all jacked up he may not fight again until next year.

That leaves Page or Rashad. Randy, Bones and Lil Nog all need at one or two more solid performances before they deserve a shot. And of course the schedules has to match up.
5/19/10 12:05 PM
kungfugrip
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wait rampage deserves a rematch but if Rashad beats Rampage be doesnt. Yeah good logic
5/19/10 12:32 PM
Naughty Gorilla

If Shogun deserved his title shot in the first place, no reason winner of Rampage-Rashad shouldn't.
5/19/10 1:10 PM
nomad1974
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChokeEmOut -  LMAO @ either one of them getting a title shot but welcome to the circus that is the UFC.

If not them, then who?
5/19/10 1:14 PM
Aleck911
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ChokeEmOut -  LMAO @ either one of them getting a title shot but welcome to the circus that is the UFC.

Why does giving one of these guys a title shot make the UFC a circus? Who would you give a title shot to?
5/19/10 1:19 PM
jettdogg

Rashad will be exposed once again.
5/19/10 1:20 PM
Aleck911

mcpeepants232003 - 

yes lol at a top five lhw getting a title shot after beating 2 or 3 top lhw's in a row. Funny how when Shogun gets a title shot after beating absolutely nobody in the Ufc everyone defends it but when the Rampage/Rashad winner does they don't deserve it?

Right I guess some people will bitch about anything. I'm sure you bitched about Rogers/Overeem, Lesnar/Randy, and Carwin/Lesnar as well.

Nah he didn't bitch about it, he laughed his ass off. Rampage or Rashad getting a title shot is really funny right?
5/19/10 1:32 PM
ScottCL

What the heck? Randy deserves the title shot, I dont even understand why they made him fight brandon vera. He gets a title shot as soon as he changes weight classes. Please follow your own rules joe silva.
5/19/10 7:07 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Archer0545 -  Rashad shogun IMO

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.