UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Jiu-jitsu phenom Drysdale signs to make MMA debut

5/19/10 11:19 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1281 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Brazilian jiu-jitsu superstar Robert Drysdale has signed a four-fight contract with Canada’s Armageddon Fighting Championship.

Drysdale, the 2007 ADCC Absolute Division Champion, is scheduled to make his professional mixed martial arts debut at “AFC 3: Evolution” on July 17. No opponent has been named at this time.

Drysdale is known as one of the pre-eminent superstars in the world of Brazilian jiu-jitsu. Born in Utah, Drysdale moved to Brazil with his family at the age of six, where he stayed until college. He began training BJJ in 1998 and earned his black belt in 2005. Drysdale has six world BJJ championships to his credit.

Read entire article...

5/19/10 11:29 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
NHB USA
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hope he does well
5/19/10 11:31 AM
FieryErmine
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I coulda sworn I saw a vid of that guy in an MMA fight?
5/19/10 11:32 AM
jakesmash
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Yeah, he fought an amateur fight. Huge balls on that amateur fighter taking a fight with Drysdale
5/19/10 11:59 AM
JerseyJoeJitsu

LOL @ drysdale fighting ammy. I would love to know what the other guy said when they offered him that fight...
5/19/10 12:28 PM
guy1
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

intertesting.  On the grand scheme of things, where does he rate on a BJJ level with the top guys?

It seems like there are so many 3 time grand champs and such these days coming out of brazil into MMA, I am interested to see how his game translates.
5/19/10 12:38 PM
NHB USA
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

5/19/10 12:41 PM
Card
2320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awesome
5/19/10 1:02 PM
TUFF-N-UFF

TUFF-N-UFF FC, VP Media&Marketing
 Drysdale fought in one of our events making his amateur debut. You can see the video on Youtube I believe.
5/19/10 1:38 PM
Chappie
96 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tuff-N-UFF, check your inbox when time permits.
5/19/10 3:26 PM
lostJC

guy1 -  intertesting.  On the grand scheme of things, where does he rate on a BJJ level with the top guys?

It seems like there are so many 3 time grand champs and such these days coming out of brazil into MMA, I am interested to see how his game translates.

6 time world champ and ADCC open champ... thats not some chump from Brazil. He is one of the top guys.
5/19/10 3:31 PM
Sagiv Lapkin
2237 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought he had some brain issue (similiar to Thiago Alves) which precluded him from fighting. Maybe it was someone else.
5/19/10 3:41 PM
Jsteven
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

guy1 -  intertesting.  On the grand scheme of things, where does he rate on a BJJ level with the top guys?

top 10 in the world some people may even say top 5, he is a bad ass.
5/19/10 3:44 PM
Herring In A Fur Coat

FightMatrix.com, MMA Rankings
Sagiv Lapkin -  I thought he had some brain issue (similiar to Thiago Alves) which precluded him from fighting. Maybe it was someone else.

He was supposed to be on TUF and had to pull out because of a brain aneurism.  He must have had surgery like Alves to get it fixed.
5/19/10 3:46 PM
Im a real boy

He's amazing on the ground, submitted Marcelo Garcia. He has lost to Roger everytime they've fought I believe though, and he lost to Jacare just this past ADCC.
5/19/10 4:13 PM
kcbjj
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that video is f'n epic. so are the other two.
5/19/10 4:42 PM
JerseyJoeJitsu

People here seriously don't know who Drysdale is? wtf?
5/19/10 7:00 PM
Brian Littlefield

Drysdale is good but hes not # 1 or 2. He's 0-3 against Roger. Xande has beat both of them.
5/19/10 7:14 PM
SandraBullockFan
105 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

who is this guy? if he was any good he would be headed straight to a known organization
5/19/10 7:51 PM
TheClips

jakesmash - Yeah, he fought an amateur fight. Huge balls on that amateur fighter taking a fight with Drysdale

I don't know, I think it's probably about the "safest" fight you could find yourself in because you're an enormous underdog, so anything positive you do is praised, and you're fighting a guy who you know is just looking to take you down and sub you out and not play ping pong with your eyeballs!
5/19/10 7:56 PM
guy1
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lostJC - 

6 time world champ and ADCC open champ... thats not some chump from Brazil. He is one of the top guys.
I didn't mean to imply he was some "chump from brazil" at all.  I knew he was a legit bad ass, I am just not up to date on my sport JJ/ADCC rankings and such and didn't know to what degree he had competed on an international level.

5/19/10 8:01 PM
Leghound
205 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

SandraBullockFan - who is this guy? if he was any good he would be headed straight to a known organization

Didn't see that coming...
5/19/10 8:03 PM
BuddyRevell
231 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What weight class is he fighting in?
5/19/10 8:05 PM
bismanfightclub

LOL, I know somebody that will be butthurt that everyone doesn't know who this guy is, since he INSISTS he's more well known that Eddie Bravo, and that was before he was a coach or hopeful contestant on TUF.
5/19/10 8:18 PM
mshagger
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What weight is he fighting at?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.