UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Is Fedor overrated?

5/20/10 11:36 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
British takedown defence
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

There seem to be two pretty clear cut camps regarding this one, those that see Fedor as hands down the greatest of all time and those that see him as nothing but a hyped up can killer who ducks top level competition. Personally i'd say he was and still is the best. Incredibly tough, well rounded, capable of ending a fight from any position at a moments notice and a master of strategy.

A lot of people are now backing overeem as the guy thats gonna expose fedor once and for all, those of us who have followed fedors career for any decent amount of time know that this gets said about almost every guy he fights.

What say you people of the UG?
5/20/10 11:37 AM
Sagiv Lapkin
2074 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No. But he needs to fight some relevent competition ASAP.
5/20/10 11:39 AM
Fedors Sweater

Oh he is totally overrated. Cool sweater, though.
138 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No. And its not close
MentaL
528 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor who?
5/20/10 11:52 AM
disbeliever
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Vote for Fedro
5/20/10 12:04 PM
jpm995
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think during his hayday in Pride he was unquestionably the best. It's hard to judge now as the competition has gotten so much better [look at how Big Nog, Cro-Cop, and Sylvia have fallen]. He should go down as an all time great [like Sak] no matter what, but the next two years will tell if he the best of the current crop. Figure if he beats Werdum, he has to face Overeem, than a ufc matchup with a top guy is is very likely. Hope he never loses, after all there can be only one "last emperior".
5/20/10 12:11 PM
ajsr
84 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No
5/20/10 12:12 PM
sureshock

Sagiv Lapkin -  No. But he needs to fight some relevent competition ASAP.

Yeah cause Werdum is such a bum right? The same guy who already beat Alistair at HW with or without steroids.

You people are clowns discrediting Werdum like this. Fedor WILL fight Alistair and beat him but you still won't be satisfied.

5/20/10 12:12 PM
British takedown defence

The way I see it, if Fedor doesnt have the most legit claim to p4p status right now, who does?
5/20/10 12:16 PM
Sagiv Lapkin
2074 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

sureshock - 
Sagiv Lapkin -  No. But he needs to fight some relevent competition ASAP.

Yeah cause Werdum is such a bum right? The same guy who already beat Alistair at HW with or without steroids.

You people are clowns discrediting Werdum like this. Fedor WILL fight Alistair and beat him but you still won't be satisfied.

I said "No" jackass. And I maintain the fact that he has to face relevent competition to stay that way. I said nothing about Werdum.
5/20/10 12:18 PM
sureshock

Werdum IS relevant competition you idiot.

What part of that dont you understand? Were you meaning something of the contrary? What did I miss. PLEASE tell me.
5/20/10 12:19 PM
disbeliever
362 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

We needed another one of these threads
5/20/10 12:26 PM
sureshock

The best heavies in the UFC ARE in fact overrated. The hype machine has taught you well.
5/20/10 12:29 PM
Sagiv Lapkin

sureshock - Werdum IS relevant competition you idiot.

What part of that dont you understand? Were you meaning something of the contrary? What did I miss. PLEASE tell me.

I never said Werdum wasn't......THAT is what you missed. Reading isn't your strong suit is it?
5/20/10 12:30 PM
sureshock

Sagiv Lapkin - 

I never said Werdum wasn't......THAT is what you missed. Reading isn't your strong suit is it?

Then we agree then. That he is fighting relevant competition. Ok then.
5/20/10 12:32 PM
Sagiv Lapkin

sureshock - 
Sagiv Lapkin - 

Then we agree then. That he is fighting relevant competition. Ok then.
After Werdum and Overeem he's gonna HAVE to go to the UFC to stay relevent.

5/20/10 12:37 PM
sureshock

No he doesn't.

A 3-1 Brock Lesnar has to get 30 victories under his belt and stay undefeated for that to happen.

Fedor doesn't HAVE to do anything. They have to get to Fedor like Sylvia and Arlovski.

5/20/10 12:42 PM
Sagiv Lapkin

sureshock - No he doesn't.

A 3-1 Brock Lesnar has to get 30 victories under his belt and stay undefeated for that to happen.

Fedor doesn't HAVE to do anything. They have to get to Fedor like Sylvia and Arlovski.

I disagree. If he dispatches Werdum and Overeem there is no other relevent competition outside of the UFC. The best fighters are in the UFC.
5/20/10 12:43 PM
orcus

He's a great fighter -- it's possible he's the best -- and is indisputably #1, but there are a lot of guys now who are more well-rounded and dangerous in all areas than anyone Fedor has ever fought.
5/20/10 1:09 PM
Fedors Sweater

X_Rated - 
sureshock - No he doesn't.

That is so wrong. It's wrong because right now there is so much depth in the UFC HW division, whereas Strikeforce has Fedor and Ubereem. If Fedor retires say after beating Overeem (hypothetically speaking), then he will not go down as the GOAT in my books, because he avoided the best pool of competition available. A true champion will always fight the best there is. And right now, the best competition is in the UFC. 

So he should sign a retarded contract to chase down a bunch of lesser fighters, hey?
5/20/10 1:10 PM
EckY
52 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor has fought more relevant competition in his last few fights than any UFC HW.
5/20/10 2:40 PM
epwar
603 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fedor's claim to fame is victories over "prime" CroCop and Big Nog. We saw how they did in the UFC. Fedor knows this, which is why he stays in STRIKEFORCE.
5/20/10 2:41 PM
thforklift
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Slllloooooooooowwww down with threads....
5/20/10 2:48 PM
newbloodmma
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Still the #1 hw in mma, but the competition is starting to nip at his heels.

I think that there are a few hw's that could potentially beat him these days. Werdum is not one of them though. I don't like this matchup style wise and I think Werdum will get ko'd quickly. Fedors hand speed and agression will be too much for him.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.