UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> Places to train around Tuscaloosa

5/27/10 8:57 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Josh J
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

True. I try to avoid butt holes all together.
5/28/10 9:05 AM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

as long as its a hot chick...butt, ear, nose, mouth...whatever, its allllll good.
5/28/10 10:31 PM
ovrgrwnkd

Stranglehold26 - as long as its a hot chick...butt, ear, nose, mouth...whatever, its allllll good.

Ha Ha, damn Strangle....ear? Well, I guess if that were a common choice it would be ALOT easier to identify sluts because they would all be walking around with an equivalent to cauliflower ear.
5/29/10 12:01 PM
manley0702
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Josh J - Daniel is only a brown belt. I think Daniel could beat him, because at his last competition he tapped a black belt to make it to the finals and was dominating the current brown belt world champion up until a freak knee injury. He was winning that match easily. To be honest, I've yet to see anyone in this state really even give him any trouble on the ground other than our black belts. I think Salter might be able to score points on takedowns and avoid the sub and maybe win by points, but I think he would most likely get tapped by Daniel.

We have 2 black belts who are better than him, and a 3rd degree that dominates all of them. Those are the other 3 I'm referring to.

Don't get me wrong, I think Salter is a beast. But, I've seen Daniel compete in countless competitions.

You guys should come up. We'd love to have you. You should bring some guys up one Saturday. I might be able to round some guys up and us come down there as well.

I agree. I would take Daniel > John all day. As far as others in the state who could beat John, I would take Samuel Puccio out of Birmingham. I would also take Andy Roberts out of Auburn MMA.
5/30/10 1:07 AM
rnr7

bet.
5/30/10 2:14 AM
williepep
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok so a guy asks about a school in Tuscaloosa.

In response a guy in Tuscaloosa says that a National Champion Wrestler, with impressive victories over internationally known competitors may be the best grappler in the state.

Then some douchebag that has been training for 5 years or less comes on talking about someone at a school about 100 miles away.

You are a douchebag.

Riddle me this, put down your kool-aid long enough to name one thing anyone at your temple has ever accomplished.

5/30/10 2:16 AM
williepep
14 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

manley0702 - 
Josh J - Daniel is only a brown belt. I think Daniel could beat him, because at his last competition he tapped a black belt to make it to the finals and was dominating the current brown belt world champion up until a freak knee injury. He was winning that match easily. To be honest, I've yet to see anyone in this state really even give him any trouble on the ground other than our black belts. I think Salter might be able to score points on takedowns and avoid the sub and maybe win by points, but I think he would most likely get tapped by Daniel.

We have 2 black belts who are better than him, and a 3rd degree that dominates all of them. Those are the other 3 I'm referring to.

Don't get me wrong, I think Salter is a beast. But, I've seen Daniel compete in countless competitions.

You guys should come up. We'd love to have you. You should bring some guys up one Saturday. I might be able to round some guys up and us come down there as well.

I agree. I would take Daniel > John all day. As far as others in the state who could beat John, I would take Samuel Puccio out of Birmingham. I would also take Andy Roberts out of Auburn MMA.

You are clueless John was smashing Samuel years ago!

5/30/10 3:43 AM
FCFBlazer
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I should ban the troll, but am amused. Stranglehold, do your thing! BTW,What up homie. Call me sometime! Go to the beach and forget about shithole AL!
5/30/10 3:46 AM
FCFBlazer
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And Pep, Where the F**K have you been brother? I see Andre Ward's fight is coming up in Showtime's Super Six (Super MW) boxing challenge! Still my pick to win! Great story on him  by Sam Sheridian in :a fighters mind"
5/30/10 10:37 AM
Josh J

Edited: 05/30/10 11:16 AM
Like I said, if you want to read tournament wins you can do so at the website. But, that isn't the best gauge of how good a person is. Beating big names has as much to do with opportunities as it does with skill. Some of them simply have no desire to compete. The people I'm referring to are extremely good. Salter has already grappled with some of them years ago and some more recently. I'm sure he can attest to how good they are.

And come on, if I had posted in a thread saying that I think Daniel O'Brien was the best grappler in the state you know damn well plenty of people who have trained with Salter would have chimed in. I think it's hilarious how often some of you guys usually flame and troll any new thread made by someone you don't know, but now you are all worked up over one innocent comment and are calling it trolling. Many people in this state don't even visit this forum because they got flamed every time they posted.
5/30/10 3:49 PM
manley0702
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Josh J - Like I said, if you want to read tournament wins you can do so at the website. But, that isn't the best gauge of how good a person is. Beating big names has as much to do with opportunities as it does with skill. Some of them simply have no desire to compete. The people I'm referring to are extremely good. Salter has already grappled with some of them years ago and some more recently. I'm sure he can attest to how good they are.

And come on, if I had posted in a thread saying that I think Daniel O'Brien was the best grappler in the state you know damn well plenty of people who have trained with Salter would have chimed in. I think it's hilarious how often some of you guys usually flame and troll any new thread made by someone you don't know, but now you are all worked up over one innocent comment and are calling it trolling. Many people in this state don't even visit this forum because they got flamed every time they posted.

I agree 100% with you. I doubt most of these guys on here even train regularly. They are really tough behind a keyboard though.
5/31/10 5:46 PM
Stranglehold26
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You may doubt that most of these guys train regularly...but you would be dead wrong...which seems to be a theme for you on this thread.

Puccio? This just shows how out of touch you are with the BJJ/MMA scene here, and totally destroys any shred of credibility you may have once had.

Salter was crushing Puccio when he was still a blue belt you fucking choad. That pick just proves you are a dunce

Roberts? Maybe. I have seen them roll against each other numerous times and I have rolled with both of them as well...tough to call.

Go back to your shanty and come up with a post that is not filled with ridiculous statements that prove your lack of knowledge about the topic at hand...

5/31/10 7:22 PM
Josh J

Yeah, I would have definitely picked John over Samuel.
6/1/10 3:39 PM
takedownandsub

salter is big and strong and skilled...he subs me 90% plus...there are alot of guys that are REALLY good at bjj that arent too well known...scotty jennings, randall phillips, the triad guys...PS i think salter beats them all in a timed, scored no-gi bout. in a roll to sub, no time-no score its a harder call, bring in the gi and its all skewed.
6/1/10 4:19 PM
manley0702

Stranglehold26 - You may doubt that most of these guys train regularly...but you would be dead wrong...which seems to be a theme for you on this thread.

Puccio? This just shows how out of touch you are with the BJJ/MMA scene here, and totally destroys any shred of credibility you may have once had.

Salter was crushing Puccio when he was still a blue belt you fucking choad. That pick just proves you are a dunce

Roberts? Maybe. I have seen them roll against each other numerous times and I have rolled with both of them as well...tough to call.

Go back to your shanty and come up with a post that is not filled with ridiculous statements that prove your lack of knowledge about the topic at hand...

I'm sure that in a no-gi match, Salter could take Samuel down and sit in his guard; however, in a gi, I would still take Samuel. There is no way that Salter subs him.

Are you even belted? You rolling with Roberts and Salter gives me no insight as I am sure that both of them are going easy on you.

If you're ever down in Montgomery, you should come train with us sometime. Hopefully, you will have a little more respect after that. We are both entitled to our opinions. I understand that you have a lot of respect for Salter, but the name-calling is really unnecessary.
6/1/10 7:20 PM
BlazerinTraining

Whenever I need to laugh I know I can get on here and read these conversations. All of the butthole pleasure talk and the flaming going on... If I didn't know most of you guys in person i might think you were all straight.

and to the guy making fun of Seth about the ear sex comment... well he never replied because he went deaf and didn't hear you making fun of him. Something about an ear canal infection... idk
6/1/10 7:23 PM
BlazerinTraining

Manley... yes these guys train and have for a number of years. In fact I started training with Strangle and Salter close to 4 years ago and they had been there before me. As far as Davis and the guys from Tuscaloosa probably even longer than that. Josh I know has been training for a few years now and is from a very talented school as well. So basically you are calling guys out from the top 3 competition schools in the state. on the internet :/
6/1/10 8:20 PM
ovrgrwnkd

I trained for four LONG months last year and I know positively, without question, that I...could....not whip anyones ass on here. Except RnR's, because that used to happen about four times a week. (so what if it was twenty years ago)

But all you f'ers get something straight: Anytime you want some in a pizza eating contest, or bass fishing...bring it!!! I take no prisoners in either.

Fu$% fighting, that shit hurts. Unless you steal my pizza, then I become a totally different animal.
6/1/10 9:23 PM
rnr7

ovrgrwnkd - I trained for four LONG months last year and I know positively, without question, that I...could....not whip anyones ass on here. Except RnR's, because that used to happen about four times a week. (so what if it was twenty years ago)

But all you f'ers get something straight: Anytime you want some in a pizza eating contest, or bass fishing...bring it!!! I take no prisoners in either.

Fu$% fighting, that shit hurts. Unless you steal my pizza, then I become a totally different animal.

Oh Chubb Rock, always living in the past. You're right, you could whip my ass......in a pizza eating contest.
6/2/10 10:11 AM
Stranglehold26

again your lack of knowledge strikes hard and fast (no homo). John's game has never been to sit in anyone's guard. Gi or No-Gi he smashes Puccio.

My comment about rolling with Roberts and Salter was only meant to clarify that I knew about both of their games. They were not going easy on me, and that's why they tapped me out, usually quite quickly.

But Salter will attest that I have caught him slipping before and have gotten a couple taps out of him...although it was not in competition so it means nothing. Of the thousand or so times I rolled with him, I maybe caught him two or three times total....Both he and Roberts smash me.

As far as my belt, I don't do gi and I never bothered with getting belted. I have competed in a number of tournaments, almost always in intermediate and have won my fair of matches against blues and purples...

You obviously have a less than rudimentary knowledge of the Alabama BJJ scene and should probably refrain from discussing this any further.
6/2/10 12:00 PM
KeithRL

Oh man, this is great.

Don't anyone back down, keep at it. the AL-UG has been dead and it's nice to see people getting into a pissing match again.
6/2/10 1:35 PM
Stranglehold26

This is not a pissing match...this is a good old fashioned, takin' it back to 2008, Stranglehold massacre...AL-UG style motherfuckers.
6/2/10 4:12 PM
Hiza Geri

Alabama Grapplers' Association, Inc
 I REALLY did try to stay out of this...

Anyway, I had initially thought of putting together a match between Salterz and whoever, but there is one very real issue that prevents me from even asking Salterz about it (no, I have not talked to anyone except a training partner about this); Salterz is a UFC vet, actively competing.  Rolling with ANYONE else in this state offers him nothing, zilch, nada.  He has already proven himself by beating ufc vets and black belts in grappling competitions.  AND he is a 2007 NATIONAL CHAMPION wrestler.  I would suggest that anyone who wants a piece of Salter do what they have to do to make themselves a legitimate opponent, as in beating a few ufc vets and/or black belts in competition.  I wouldn't pair him against anyone other than a PanAm or Mundials champion, at this point.
6/2/10 4:16 PM
Hiza Geri

Or Abu Dhabi...
6/2/10 5:03 PM
Hiza Geri

Of course, if we are just doing the 7th grade conversation thing, then I'm quite certain Salterz would DOMINATE Bruce Lee!! 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.