UnderGround Forums

Alabama Underground >> Places to train around Tuscaloosa

6/2/10 5:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MOWA Outlaw
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hiza,

Please get that medal to me before the end of the summer. Jared won't be here much longer. Thanx.
6/2/10 5:55 PM
Hiza Geri

Alabama Grapplers' Association, Inc
 facebook message
6/2/10 5:56 PM
Hiza Geri

Salterz winz v. Frank Dux anyday...
6/2/10 6:26 PM
Josh J

Edited: 06/02/10 6:27 PM
I've heard that Daniel O'Brien and Salter may be competing against one another in the future. Hope that happens.

FYI, Daniel has tapped black belts in competition, including Alliance black belts.
6/2/10 7:45 PM
Hiza Geri

Then he should be more than capable of placing or getting gold at Pan Ams, Mundial, Worlds, whatever....  On what venue is the purported competition supposed to take place?
6/2/10 10:08 PM
Josh J

We've had several people place at Pan Am's over the past few years. Some 3rd's and at least 1 2nd that I know of. If I remember correctly, one of the guys who placed lost to Jake Shields. Daniel is at the Mundials/Worlds this weekend. I will let you know how that goes when I hear results.

As to where it's gonna take place, it's really not my place to say. I just know it was mentioned. It's definitely not something that's set in stone which is why I say I "hope" it happens.

When is the next AGA? I think you have the monopoly on good BJJ comps in North Alabama now. People are constantly asking me when the next one is.

6/3/10 10:24 AM
manley0702
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Josh J - We've had several people place at Pan Am's over the past few years. Some 3rd's and at least 1 2nd that I know of. If I remember correctly, one of the guys who placed lost to Jake Shields. Daniel is at the Mundials/Worlds this weekend. I will let you know how that goes when I hear results.

As to where it's gonna take place, it's really not my place to say. I just know it was mentioned. It's definitely not something that's set in stone which is why I say I "hope" it happens.

When is the next AGA? I think you have the monopoly on good BJJ comps in North Alabama now. People are constantly asking me when the next one is.

I fully expect Daniel to place at the mundials. I was at the Lutador tournament where he competed last, and he looked spectacular. He beat a really good Alliance black belt on his way to facing Ian McPhearson(reigning Mundial champion brown belt) in the finals. If he had not injured his knee, I think he would have beaten Ian.

There is a BJJ tournament( gi and no-gi) coming up sometime in early August in Birnmingham, AL.
6/4/10 1:00 PM
sbjjstreetcop

You are all a bunch of fags...............and in an attempt at being politically correct, this was directed at everyone here except Chris Davis.................;)
6/4/10 2:52 PM
cb2sdavis

sbjjstreetcop - You are all a bunch of fags...............and in an attempt at being politically correct, this was directed at everyone here except Chris Davis.................;)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!
6/4/10 5:30 PM
sbjjstreetcop

Just havin a little fun with you Chris, whoever hacked your facebook is my friend for the fun I got out of it.

BTW people, don't you know that when you brag it is supposed to be about yourself....

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.