UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> Emergency tracheostomy device

5/22/10 9:56 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Redneck
97 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TapouT Radio, Co-Host

LifeStat, The Emergency Pocket Airway Tool THE EMERGENCY AIRWAY DEVICE
French Pocket Airway, Inc.
LifeStat/Airstat
6123 Marquette Place, New Orleans, La. 70118
FAX: (504) 866-8507
rjf@lifestatmedical.com

LIFESTAT is an emergency airway device for use in respiratory obstruction or failure. This innovative new device facilitates a lifesaving method (cricothyrotomy) in emergencies when other efforts have failed. LIFESTAT is small and light enough to fit on your key ring, in your pocket, bag or emergency kit.

If an emergency airway device is not at hand or in your hand at the site of an emergency, it is of no value to you or the victim. LIFESTAT is designed to be accessible and easily used in lifethreatening emergencies.

LIFESTAT's simple configuration allows relative ease of insertion and operation, even when conditions are not optimal.

http://www.airstat.org/

5/28/10 11:54 PM
ashleigh11
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

father mulcahy used a ball point pen.
6/9/10 5:09 PM
SirPrize
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

n2bateyou - Being trained in the insertion of surgical airways, and placed scores of advanced airways, I can tell you that looks like a disaster waiting to happen.

How so?

Do you have any other suggestions?

(I'm assuming that this would be an *emergency* situation where the person would most likely die before the amberlamps could show up.)
6/18/10 11:47 AM
SirPrize
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What do you mean by "minimally invasive skills"? When I hear "invasive", I think of "inside the body". However, that sounds counter to the advice you just gave.
7/19/10 12:24 AM
KneebarKing
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No infection.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.