UnderGround Forums

GirlGround >> I really can believe this.

4/11/11 10:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Stronghold
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As for the middle ground, It is only when a man identifies between a misogynistic throwback and the value of mutual proclivity for self-awareness will he join the masses of blissful but not blinded.

... hasn't helped me so far.
4/11/11 11:55 PM
Stronghold
88 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

And, fuckitallsincetheexwifeisgettingmarried, I can't even tear off and go insane because of my son. Being a good person is not its own reward. It never has been. It's just another prison. Paladins still die, just not of syphillus.
4/22/11 10:29 AM
Punchatoula
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

It's almost a year later. Update?
4/22/11 11:47 AM
Stronghold

Well... there's not much to tell really. I dated a few women, most of which were dating other guys or wound up going back to their alcoholic ex-BFs... one got married to a guy she'd known all of 9 days. It only lasted about 2 months though. I don't miss her.

Let's see... one gal kept telling me we'd have to get married if I were to spend the night so as not to set a bad example for her teenage hellion daughter (don't post pics of your raunchy, teen parties on FB if you don't want momma to see them). That didn't work out for us.

I had a few dates from eHarm and Match, I seemed to be their backup plan in case the other guys they were dating didnt' work out. Since I have a little bit of pride left, none of those 'relationships' panned out.

And, I got to be really good friends with someone on FB (we met online). I really thought she and I were going to hit it off and we could AT LEAST spend a few torrid weekends together. But, of course, she's not going to move down here after all and she keeps going on about getting back with the love of her life from years ago. Again, I am a failed backup plan or whatever. Obviously, the whole concept of karma is bullshit.

I've been trying to network and get introduced to decent people via friends but that is slow going. I even went to a couple of churches. It's like eHarmony. If I were into old obese women, I could probably get a lot more dates.

So, do I start going after hos now and just give up on finding a decent non-insane lady that I can actually introduce to my son at some point or what? I can't be bringing crazy home, I am a single father and one of my son's parents has to act like an adult. His momma sure as hell isn't.

The main problem is that most women my age are way past the having-young-kids-around thing. The slightly younger ones with young kids seem to all want men without kids. And, really, NO ONE wants to be a step mother. I get that but I have a kid so that's that. Ideally I guess just having a sex-buddy would be great as I cannot date easily (I have my son most nights) but I have no clue how to find one of those.

Attractive women ALL have men persuing them constantly and I cannot compete with them. In Dallas, you can ALWAYS find someone taller, richer, has a better car, more hair, etc. But, since most playas are total assholes, you gotta wonder what the real allure of them are. I just keep working out, try to get out when I can but I imagine nothing will change unless the networking thing pans out or I go back to Match for another round of craziness.

It wears on you after a while. I just haven't given up quite yet.
4/22/11 12:15 PM
Punchatoula
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Well, it's not that different for women, you know? I've been divorced for three years and am sort of in the same boat. Dating sucks in your 30's whether you are male or female. By now most people have baggage (kids, crazy exs, general hangups, etc) It's not easy. I've given up looking and figure what comes comes and if it doesn't...oh well. Trying too hard never works anyway.

You sound very bitter. Maybe women are picking up on that? I believe we attract certain types of people into our lives by what we put out. Negative attracts negative, and positve attracts positive.

Both genders have thier extreme cases. It irritates me when men make huge generalizations about women. We aren't all the same. No more than every man is a user, womanizer, asshole, etc.

Good luck. It's tough out there. :)
4/22/11 12:29 PM
Stronghold

No, I am not bitter. Online maybe I am but I am free to vent here. I am quite upbeat and optimistic... when motivated to be so. I'm not even mad at my ex. I am dissappointed with, well, people in general but I do perk up around pretty women (of any age (notem also, that I said women and not girls)).

Just Monday I had a hair stylist come on to me. She didn't believe I was over 40 and gushed over that (SMU guys in the early 30 tend to look like hell due to excessive sun and partying which are her clientele). She and I got along great and she said she'd call me (they aren't allowed to give out their number at work). Okay, so was she just playing me to get a bigger tip? Is she really going to call me? I'm guessing the former but what the heck. I tried anyway.

I'll give anyone that tries a chance. But, that's the problem, just meeting people that seem interested at all is tough. I don't think it's just Dallas either. The country gals I dated lied to me just as much as the city gals have.

But, the search continues.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.