UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Hendricks vs Brenneman added to UFC 117

5/27/10 3:15 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1070 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

A welterweight bout is in the works between Johny Hendricks and Charlie Brenneman, a source close to the fight told MMADiehards.com.

The fight will be on the yet-to-be announced UFC 117 card, which is expected to take place on August 7 at the Oracle Center in Oakland, CA. Both fighters have been approached about the fight, and an agreement is expected to be made shortly.

Hendricks (8-0) is 3-0 in the UFC, was a four-time All-American, and two-time national champion wrestler at Oklahoma State University.

Brenneman (11-1) is looking to build off of his successful UFC debut, a unanimous decision win over Jason High at UFC Fight Night: Florian vs. Gomi.

Read entire article...

5/27/10 3:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
tjmitch
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I hear Oakland is lovely that time of year.
5/27/10 3:55 PM
tjmitch
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking for the Spaniard to put a hurting on Hendricks.
5/27/10 4:17 PM
NorthFromHere
309 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Great match up. Winner of this bout rockets up to the title contender mix.
5/27/10 4:21 PM
aarondramp
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This won't be close. I was at Brenneman's fight, and his wrestling was all that he had, and it's nowhere near Hendrick's level. Nice to see they're building Hendricks up slowly.
5/27/10 4:52 PM
verindersandhu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

MMARanked.com
Nice.

I'm a fan of both guys and am interested to seeing how Brenneman does against Hendricks.
5/27/10 4:55 PM
Brasco

Hendricks is going to abuse him....Brenneman has no stand up and very little BJJ....

Brenneman wont be able to get it to the ground...and will panick then crumble....
5/27/10 4:59 PM
tjmitch

aarondramp -  This won't be close. I was at Brenneman's fight, and his wrestling was all that he had, and it's nowhere near Hendrick's level. Nice to see they're building Hendricks up slowly.

Chariles wrestling might have been all you saw, but it isnt all he has.
5/27/10 5:00 PM
Brasco

tjmitch - 
aarondramp -  This won't be close. I was at Brenneman's fight, and his wrestling was all that he had, and it's nowhere near Hendrick's level. Nice to see they're building Hendricks up slowly.

please tell me what i missed then....a few KO's ??? a submission???

seriously..
5/27/10 5:09 PM
tjmitch

5 KO's and 1 sub out of 11 fights. Thats pretty good.
5/27/10 5:14 PM
Brasco

ok....i am gonna check out the opponents
5/27/10 5:28 PM
CRBMoney14

Another step down for Hendricks

He KOs a TUF champ and this will likely be his third untelevised fight in a row
5/27/10 5:34 PM
catch wrestler
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

CRBMoney14 - Another step down for Hendricks

He KOs a TUF champ and this will likely be his third untelevised fight in a row

He's still pretty new. The guy was fighting in the WEC for his 4th fight and the ufc for his 6th fight. I'm a HUGE fan of Oklahoma State Wrestling but I think they are bringing him up kinda fast.
5/27/10 5:57 PM
SNewman
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't see how Brenneman beats Hendricks but it's pretty clear that while Johny is a blue-chip prospect and will almost definitely be a future top-ten guy, he isn't there just yet and so it'd be pointless to rush him into something big just yet. 170lbs is the most stacked division in the UFC and so for someone with the potential of Hendricks it's important he gets the right treatment. This is a good fight for him.
5/27/10 5:59 PM
AOmonsta
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hendricks all the way.
5/27/10 7:09 PM
CRBMoney14

Having him fight in untelevised prelims against a relative unknown is stupid. They arent building him up at all, they seem to be building him down since the Amir fight.

Having Hendricks fight someone like Ben Saunders or MArcus Davis would be a step down from Grant imo. But it would also build Hendricks up
5/27/10 7:54 PM
Nicdom

tjmitch - 

He had High on his back the whole fight and didn't even try to submit or gnp.

His wrestling is very good, but that's all he has.
5/27/10 8:17 PM
wingsmma
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

tjmitch - 

brenneman is very talented......

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.