UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> 3 Deep Half Guard Leg Positions

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/27/10 3:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jasculs
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Start a Grapplng Plan Sheet, Click Here to Get It

The Deep Half Guard has been a really popular half guard lately and Stephan Kesting just sent out a video of three different leg potisions.

Do you guys play Deep Half?  It's personally my one of my favorite positions.

What do you usually play from there.

Stephan usually has some good stuff to share:

Here's a link to the video:

3 Deep Half Guard Leg Positions
5/27/10 3:46 PM
Immaculata
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
5/27/10 3:47 PM
kancho assassin
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
5/27/10 3:47 PM
rjbo71
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for later
5/27/10 4:26 PM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I have the Jeff Glover DvD on this and I have to say its not working very well for me. Im getting crushed and im crushing guys that try it on me

The way Jeff shows it on his Dvd is different then what Kesting just showed... matter of fact Jeff specifically says NOT to put the hands where kestings were

that being said, and i dont know if its just cause im a tall long legged bastard, but putting the arms were glover says makes those leg hooks pretty much impossible for everyone except glover apparently

Kestings looks more like Bravo's set up which makes the leg hooks easier BUT you dont get nearly under the guy as much as Glovers

Im gonna mess with mixing both versions together see if I can make something work... but as of right now that Glover DVD is on its fast track to the garbage can
5/27/10 4:33 PM
DaddyO4
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
5/27/10 4:49 PM
157 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
5/28/10 12:02 AM
jasculs
230 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
5/31/10 9:25 AM
jasculs

Little Nog in the last UFC worked deep half guard pretty well.  I've been seeing it used a lot more in MMA lately.

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.