UnderGround Forums

FilmmakerGround >> Best Brand of Blank DVD-Rs?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

5/27/10 8:31 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
groundfighter2000
611 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What are the quality brands? Also what are the best websites for good deals on them?
5/27/10 8:36 PM
groundfighter2000
611 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
6/7/10 9:59 PM
Roy Batty
179 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Verbatim and Sony are the brands I've had the best luck with, and Memorex and Maxell seem to be crap anymore.
6/8/10 3:31 PM
cluster
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm 99% sure that most, if not all DVDs are made in the same 3 or 4 factories (that's how CDs used to be, I assume it's the same still) so back then it was based on what batch you got rather than what brand....

Given the price difference between brands, you're probably likely better off to get the store-brand and even if you end up throwing a couple out, you're still ahead. then again, DVDs are pretty cheap....
6/21/10 5:54 PM
Mullet @ Heart
56 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Taiyo Yuden for single layer. Verbatim for dual layer.

rima.com

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.