UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Spencer Fisher switches to Sityodtong

5/31/10 11:33 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Mark_Daniels
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fisher lands at Sityodtong

In his last three UFC fights, Spencer Fisher was essentially training alone.

Without a coach and a true training camp, and fresh off a loss to Joe Stevenson that snapped a three-fight win streak, the lightweight from Iowa joined forces with Mark DellaGrotte at the Sityodtong gym in Somerville.

“I have my own gym now, and I’ve trained for my last three fights alone. I need a coach,” the 34-year-old Fisher said. “And after my last performance, it was a slap in the face. Everybody needs a coach, especially at this level, and Mark and I really click.”

Fisher’s main camp since 2002 was Miletich Fighting System in Iowa. However, many of that gym’s top fighters — Matt Hughes, Robbie Lawler, Jeremy Horn, Jens Pulver — started their own camps in recent years. Fisher followed suit and opened Evolution Gym in Illinois.

He’s currently living and training at Sityodtong in preparation for his June 19 fight with Dennis Siver in the “Ultimate Fighter” season finale. The fact that he can sleep and train at the same place with no distractions was appealing.

“This is a good camp. It’s a home away from home, and the only thing I do here is focus on my training and my fight. And that’s what I needed,” said Fisher, who talks to his wife and three daughters on the phone nightly. “This is good though. I miss them but I can focus on me right now.”

(more…)

5/31/10 11:37 AM
the_shrike
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Woooooo!
5/31/10 11:39 AM
MountainMedic
550 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

look forward to an invigorated fisher!
5/31/10 11:41 AM
AnotherTMAguy
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thats incredible! No coach and he wins 3 fights???
5/31/10 11:43 AM
Nanook
165 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Shambala Sports Network, Host, Producer
Good move for him.
5/31/10 11:46 AM
Son of Neckbone
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Every woman's dream, and every man's nightmare... WHOOOOOO!
5/31/10 11:56 AM
Mark_Daniels
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AnotherTMAguy - Thats incredible! No coach and he wins 3 fights???
He went 2-1 during the peroid, with wins over Shannon Gugerty and Caol Uno and loss to Joe Stevenson. Still impressive though.

He's a really nice guy, I hope all the best for him!

5/31/10 12:03 PM
R00STER
10 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I love his standup game already, it'll be fun to see the results!
5/31/10 12:12 PM
Invincible
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for The King.
5/31/10 12:25 PM
GladiatorGannon
277 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
5/31/10 12:28 PM
onetruechamp
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good move. It would be great to see Fisher make another run.
6/3/10 8:01 AM
John Graybeal

I Love It!
What a team he has now.
Everyone better look out here comes The King!

John
6/3/10 8:18 AM
keepthechange

what happens to his gym in the meantime ?
6/3/10 9:40 AM
Jsteven
41 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good Move
6/3/10 9:56 AM
Uncle Justice
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Sweet. 

I think Fisher has some of the sickest Thai skills in the game, especially with his hands.  Love the quick upward elbow he throws and sometimes even leads with.

TTT for Spence
6/3/10 10:09 AM
shanoknowsmma

Mark_Daniels -  Fisher lands at Sityodtong

In his last three UFC fights, Spencer Fisher was essentially training alone.

Without a coach and a true training camp, and fresh off a loss to Joe Stevenson that snapped a three-fight win streak, the lightweight from Iowa joined forces with Mark DellaGrotte at the Sityodtong gym in Somerville.

"I have my own gym now, and I've trained for my last three fights alone. I need a coach," the 34-year-old Fisher said. "And after my last performance, it was a slap in the face. Everybody needs a coach, especially at this level, and Mark and I really click."

Fisher's main camp since 2002 was Miletich Fighting System in Iowa. However, many of that gym's top fighters -- Matt Hughes, Robbie Lawler, Jeremy Horn, Jens Pulver -- started their own camps in recent years. Fisher followed suit and opened Evolution Gym in Illinois.

He's currently living and training at Sityodtong in preparation for his June 19 fight with Dennis Siver in the "Ultimate Fighter" season finale. The fact that he can sleep and train at the same place with no distractions was appealing.

"This is a good camp. It's a home away from home, and the only thing I do here is focus on my training and my fight. And that's what I needed," said Fisher, who talks to his wife and three daughters on the phone nightly. "This is good though. I miss them but I can focus on me right now."

(more...)

So who's left at Miletich Fighting Systems?
6/3/10 3:21 PM
Son of Neckbone
19 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

TTT
6/3/10 5:04 PM
Loco Lobo

Spencer welcome aboard,one of my favorite fighters.
6/3/10 5:06 PM
cottonzway
667 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WAR KING!!!11
6/3/10 5:26 PM
inf0
302 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Did he go with the Mountain bike or 10 speed?

6/3/10 6:11 PM
Quik
232 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Six Deuce Clothing, Owner
Looking forward to watching Spencer's progression...best of luck, you're one of my favorites!!!
6/3/10 9:05 PM
Reggie Warren Jr
159 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You wanna start some shit with me King?
6/3/10 9:12 PM
ThEUniT

Can anyone gove me a breakdown on why they feel Marks camp is so good. Alex Karolexis and a few others there seem to not have the best stand up.
6/3/10 9:18 PM
DonFrye_Fan

ALWAYS been a fan of Fisher!
6/3/10 10:16 PM
Fighting Fish
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This must be pretty important to leave ur family. In the greater scheme of things, I don't think this will be for the best of the family.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.