UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> How do I upgrade to SSD drive??

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/1/10 2:09 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TZillian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ok, so i got an ssd drive and want to use it as my OS primary drive on my desktop. I still want to keep my old HDD as back up and for other shit. Problem is, how do I get windows 7 and all that other shit from my drive now to the ssd drive and set the ssd as the main drive? 
6/1/10 5:35 PM
tycoon
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You have to install Windows 7 on the SSD. When you do it make sure you DO NOT delete the partition for your currently used drive. Backup everything first.
6/1/10 8:05 PM
TZillian

what if i already have windows 7 in my old hard drive?
6/2/10 9:31 AM
gsx_r

You CAN do a full backup and restore if you know how. If you're asking this question it's probably easier to just start from disks and install win7 on the ssd like you would if you just got a blank HD.
6/2/10 9:34 AM
TZillian

gsx_r - You CAN do a full backup and restore if you know how. If you're asking this question it's probably easier to just start from disks and install win7 on the ssd like you would if you just got a blank HD.

k, teh computer came with windows 7 preinstalled. the installation cd should be with all the software included right?

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.