UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> My last thai fight

6/2/10 1:32 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Ray Elbe
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/02/10 1:34 AM

I tried to pull out of the fight on the day of the event---but unfortunately the Thai trainers at TMT were not having it...LOL.

Went to Macao China for the FURY FC event the week before, and when I returned was dealing with a fever, muscle fatigue and diarrhea. Anyways, had to be put on 10 days of Antibiotics (this was day 6) and the illness + lack of training from being sick affected my cardio.

**While in the back--both of us made a "gentleman's agreement" to not utilize the "elbow strike"...I was sick--and this Thai, is a local circuit fighter who fights every couple of weeks to earn a living for himself and his family.

When I arrived at the stadium I was running a high fever, and knew Cardio was going to be an issue. --but I figured I'd try to pace myself and see if I could make the best of a bad situation. After the fight I spent about 20 mins vomiting in the back and was taken to the local hospital for an IV to be treated for dehydration.

Wasn't going to post the video--but egh...at the end of the day--nothing to be ashamed about...stepping into the ring I still learned more about myself then I knew before the fight. I'm now 6-2 in Muay Thai.

My next fight is in July--it will be an MMA bout. I'm finally over the Flu that I caught...and am spending extra attention on my cardio--working with a strength and conditioning coach.
6/3/10 11:03 AM
Ray Elbe
234 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Lost on points.
6/14/10 12:56 AM
TheAdonis
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ray- what weight were you for this fight?

That thai's legs were like tree trunks. I'm guessing 175 at weigh ins? What were you at when you jumped in the ring? Just curious.

6/14/10 12:57 AM
TheAdonis

Edited: 06/14/10 12:56 AM
double post
6/18/10 12:34 PM
Ray Elbe

Adonis...

Here in Thailand they don't make you step on the scale. Literally it is done off of looking at the two fighters.

I asked how much he weighed and he told me 80 kilos (roughly 175lbs) I was 85... prolly about 12lbs heavier.

This is a local fighter who has about 70-80 thai fights, this was my 8th bout.
9/10/10 11:15 PM
RocknRolla

look at the size of those tree trunks
9/13/10 2:41 PM
Outkaster
68 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man that sucks to be sick. I have been through that before. He left a lot of openings, especially for kicks. Good for you with trying to go through it.
9/18/10 6:50 AM
TheAdonis

sick or not, you are one tough mf'er

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.