UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> Edit Quicktime movies on a PC question

6/2/10 5:53 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I like editing my movies, nothing crazy but I got pretty good with the basic Windows movie maker...

Now my new video camera makes the file as a quicktime file and movie maker doesnt work. Is there a way to make them work or another program similar to movie maker that while support quicktime on my PC?

Thanks in advance
6/4/10 4:37 AM
ferox13
723 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As far as I remember Vegas can edit .Mov files without problem.

The easiest thing to do is prolly to convert the Quicktime file to an .Avi and then edit it on movie maker.

There are lots of Freeware/Stolenware converters - i just googled this one:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp4cam2avi/
6/6/10 11:28 PM
BUFFGEO
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I tried one converter but it didnt work. Should I just keep hunting for one until it does work?

Also, if I convert the file will it still be HD?

Sorry if these are stupid questions
6/7/10 5:31 AM
ferox13
723 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Try total video converter - that should work though sometimes the results can be glitch..

You can set most of them to keep the same size as the original - so if the original video is HD then the convertered one will me too. Depending on the output format the quality will more than likely be compressed.
6/7/10 5:15 PM
BUFFGEO

Thanks

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.