UnderGround Forums

New York Underground >> NY Submission Open II - June 19th, 2010

6/3/10 2:49 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JoeF
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

NY Submission Open II, Next Event: 6/19/10

The NY Submission Open II will be taking place on June 19th, 2010.
nysubopen.wordpress.com/

Pre-Register by 6/13/10 to get the following prices:
$40 - 1 Division
$55 - 2 Divisions
$70 - 3 Divisions
Add $25 after 6/13/10

208-12 East Main Street
Patchogue, NY 11772

The following teams were represented at our last competition:

Airborne MMA/BJJ
American Jiu Jitsu
Bellmore Kickboxing & MMA
Black Belt Acadmey
Blackhole Jiu Jitsu
Calandrelli BJJ
Carmine Zocchi
CTMMA
Combat Judo
D'Arce BJJ
Fusion MMA
Gracie Barra Long Island 
Long Island Martial Arts Academy
Serra Jiu Jitsu
Team Assassin
Team Redemption
Tiger Schulmans Karate/MMA
Vamos BJJ
Varner's Combat Academy
Vitor Shaolin BJJ
Warrwn Levi Karate and Mixed Martial Arts
6/10/10 10:20 AM
jittaz
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ill be thur............
6/10/10 2:46 PM
JoeF
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nice.....

What school you coming from?
6/14/10 11:45 AM
jittaz

varners- i was at the last one, didnt do to well due to nerves but ima take this one, hopefully its a lil bit better organized as last time i entered novice 180-190 and had to face a 3.5 year 170 lb purple belt, yea i got armbared in about 2 mins but i was winning on points lol but yea ill be there and hopefully there will be allot of competitors..............

ill see you there man and i would loike to talk to u about helping/getting involved in running tourneys- i know well over 100 ppl that grappple in all kinds of ma's and 98% havent heard of this local tourney, you need some marketing my friend and maybe a consultant to help, but ill talk to you when i see you......

later bro
6/14/10 11:46 AM
jittaz

oh and i have my defense soap patch from the last one, do i still get the discount and i forgot to pre register, so what are the prices and i can sign up and weigh in the day of right?
6/17/10 4:18 AM
JoeF

You can sign-up and register the day in if you want. You can also pre-register right by Friday and get :

1 Division for $50
2 Divisions for $65
3 Divisions for $80

When you pre-register you don't have to know what weight you will be at, weights are decided day of so you can never weigh-in over and be disqualified, your just moved into the next weigh class.

We don't have any discount set-up with defense soap. This is not the same tourney that was run out of Finest Fitness as the last one. Funny story, that was my twin brothers tournament, we look alike and both run a tourney. Their next one is in July and upstate in Fishkill, NY, we are keeping ours on Long Island.

We held our last tournament in Port Jefferson Station, we had some Varners guys there too. Ask around, it was very well run and smooth, we had our rings running the whole time and will have at least 4 rings for this event, maybe 5.

Look me up on Facebook - Joseph Funaro
6/17/10 4:46 PM
jittaz

THANKS MAN ILL SEE ON SAT!!!!
6/18/10 2:21 PM
DefenseSoap
114 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Defense Soap, Owner
Ok guys its done. Just ironed out a deal with Joe. If you wear your Defense Soap patch I will cover $10.00 of your entry fee.

Guy
Defense Soap
6/19/10 7:00 PM
jittaz

Tourney went great. Suprisingly everything ran on time and pretty smooth.I took the gold in my division with two subs, a jumping guilotine that I finished on the ground, and the second match I ended it with a darce choke. Both matches combined, lasted and were finished in, under a minute. It was kinda cool cause the first guy that I faced was a suposed pro wrestler for a local promotion. You cant beat the price either, I Paid $40 dollars for one division. It was originally 50$ dollars for one division when you preregistered, but do to having my defense soap patch I got refunded $10. So thank you Joe, n Guy from defense soap for a great tournament. Cant wait for the next one!!

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.