UnderGround Forums

SurvivalGround >> One Second After: Who Do You Let In and Why?

6/3/10 7:52 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
oblongo
69 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Most of you are probably familiar with this novel. But for those who aren't, an EMP takes out virtually all electronic and electrical devices in the United States, baslcally plunging the U.S. back into the 19th century and no one knows how long it will take to recover.

The residents of one small town in North Carolina band together but quickly realize they'll be swamped with refugees from the big cities. So they decide to close of access to the area and only allow in people who won't be just more mouths to feed.

There's some discussion of whom to let in, what skills they are looking for. But the author never explicitly says what they decide on other than to say the military veterans and police officers who step up to take charge insist that cops and military types get in.

So who would you let in? Are there people with certain skills or professions you'd let in under any circumstances? Are there people you'd only let in under certain circumstances or only if there aren't too many people with that skill already?
6/8/10 9:43 PM
Dojosensei
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You forgot the hot as fuck slut that is guaranteed to suck and fuck you daily
6/9/10 1:20 PM
Robert Wynne
87 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dojosensei - You forgot the hot as fuck slut that is guaranteed to suck and fuck you daily

definetly
7/1/10 2:45 PM
dentalninja
24 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've got to go with Dentists...
7/6/10 8:09 PM
Dojosensei
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm still voting for the hot as hell slut
8/20/10 9:20 AM
NinjaNate
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess as a software developer I'll be on my own. Better start practicing my survival skills.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.