UnderGround Forums

LegalGround >> Compliance Jobs

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/3/10 10:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
salyer36
33 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/03/10 10:16 PM

I have an interview for a compliance position with a hedge fund. Will taking this position completely close me off from returning to a law firm? Would I be better off working at a firm for a year or 2 before switching over?

My original idea was to work at the firm I am at now (a general litigation firm- I will be in commercial litigation and basically the insurance fraud division) and then try and hop over to the SEC (graduated from Rutttgers with a 3.68 and an A+ in Securities and Market Regulation, so combined with the litigation experience I think I would have a shot).

Any tips, help, comments, suggestions, experience, or anything at all would be appreciated... I don't really know what I am getting myself into and am trying to come up with a game plan. I do know that I want to make moves and leave my firm though! Thanks in advance....
6/8/10 7:07 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
goku
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

really depends on what you do..also if you build good business relationships, it doesnt matter what you do, any law firm will accept you if you bring a book..we have plenty of nonworking lawyers at my firm that have JDs but primarily worked in business or politics

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.