UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> Playing WSOP $1500 buy 6handed max Monday

6/5/10 2:01 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
andre
440 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Wish me luck!
6/5/10 2:51 AM
Fraser
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck, teh!!!
6/5/10 11:41 AM
joesonshuevos
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

gl
6/5/10 4:59 PM
Spuds Buckley
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ataboy Andre, good luck!
6/6/10 12:28 AM
JHR
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Good luck!

Ok guys whats the over/under on Andre's finish?
6/6/10 12:29 AM
JHR
193 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

BTW hit PR up pronto.

6 handed max is his bread and butter.

I believe he cashed in it last year (15 place??)

Cant remember...
6/6/10 4:12 AM
andre
440 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thanks, guys! PR!!!! HELP!!!
6/6/10 4:08 PM
joesonshuevos
173 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I just checked the lineup for your tourney. All have been rude at coffee houses. You know what to do
6/7/10 10:56 AM
Fraser
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Whup some AZZZ
6/7/10 12:27 PM
Alabama Man
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good luck
6/7/10 2:50 PM
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yeah I finished 15th in this tourney last year. 6-max is so much different than a regular 9 or 10 handed tourney andre, I hope you figure that out ASAP.
6/7/10 6:48 PM
VectorWega
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

This game is easy.  Take it down for the OG.
6/7/10 7:30 PM
wreckker
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i passed on todays tourney i know 6 handed is alot diffrenet table dynamic tghan 9

i busted pretty fast in yesterdays 1k event:{

GL andre
6/8/10 12:16 AM
andre

Thanks guys. I busted out in level 6.

We started with 4500 in chips. By level 4 I had gotten to 12k. In level 6 I made a crucially bad play that really showed my inexperience in 6 max. I was in the Bb with A-10 off. They gold to the button, where an aggressive big stack does a standard raise to 650 (150-300 blinds, 25 ante). SB folds and I pop it up to 1500. Bb calls. Flop comes a-9-4 rainbow. I bet 4000, bb calls. A Jack comes on the turn and I check. His call worried me. He shoves at that point. He has me covered. I have 4000 left in chips and I'm worried he has me. I should have called, but I folded.

I sit on my short stack until I was on the button with pocket tens. Mid pos raised to $600 and I shoved. The bb called and mid pos folded. Bb turns over aces and I turn over 10's. Mid pos tells ne the even worse news-he folded pocket tens.
6/8/10 12:44 AM
Fraser

Ouch.

Yeah, as an armchair quarterback with hindsight I can say that pot odds dictate a call with the A 10, especially if the BB was capable of putting a move on you. Then again, all the aces bigger than A 8 are beating you, plus A 4. Maybe you should have checked on the flop? That might have told him you have an ace and kept the pot smaller.

I don't know, I can't play poker. Anyway, it's cool you are there! I have never played the WSOP.
6/8/10 1:15 PM
PR
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Thanks for the report andre.
6/8/10 1:55 PM
andre

Thanks Fraser and PR. I agree I definitely should have called on the end. I just couldn't think of a hand I beat aside from a weak ace that wasn't a 4. To complicate things, I had taken down a big pot from him earlier when I made a play with 8-9 of diamonds by raising preflop from utg and he called with A-10. Flop came Ad-10d-8c. I c-bet, he raised, I shoved. He called and I caught a diamond on the river.

With that in mind, I'm not sure if he had me trying to steal with the reraise from the BB.
6/8/10 2:15 PM
andre

PR, any thoughts on the hand? Thanks!
6/8/10 3:11 PM
wreckker
72 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Andre you didnt reraise enough preflop making it 1500 means he only has to call 850 more to win 2400 thats nearly 3-1 and right odds for him to call near anything with position on you.

I like flat calling with your stack or rerasing bigger to at least 2200.

next you bet 4000 in to a 3400  pot.  thats big unecessary overbet.  with a ace or bluffing 60% is a good standard C bet to use in tournies.    so a bet of 2000 would of been good.

a-10 is a tricky hand when facing action. 

keep the pot small.

If you had say 3000 chips total before start of hand then 3 bet all in would make that reraise a better play.

You had too many chips wait for  better spot and position IMO.

Also dont overbet the pot like its a small cash game.

In that hand of would of flat called and check raised preflop, so i induce a cbet bluff or if he shoves i try to get a read and most likely muck to a all-in because he defintely put you on a ace and is n it worried about committing with u.

6/8/10 3:43 PM
andre

Thanks!

I see where I went wrong with my bet sizes. I really overvalued my a-10 because it was 6-max and he was constantly stealing the blinds.
6/9/10 1:27 AM
andre

www.printroom.com/ViewGallery.asp
6/17/10 12:48 PM
andre

Wow...Now that I've had a chance to play the hand out in my mind over and over a few hundred times I can see how badly I played it. I think I had been playing fairly well up until that point, despite some nerves over the size of the event, the caliber of opponents and the fact that it was 6-handed, but geez did I screw the pooch with this one.

1) I dont think A-T is a strong enough hand to play out of position against the big stack unless I make a big move that puts him to a really difficult decision. I made it easy for him to take the lead and put me to tough decisions.

2) I think that given I had already made the mistake of playing that hand out of position, I should have played it much more aggressively once the ace hit the flop. I should have check raised the flop and if he came back at me I should have shoved. If he had a big ace he would have to consider that I hit two pair or a set, and if he called and didnt already have two pair, I'd still have outs.

3) I made the worst choice in folding, I think. At that point I should have considered myself pot committed and called.
6/23/10 5:04 AM
PR

ttt for later
6/23/10 11:13 AM
andre

Ahhh....Thanks, PR!!! I'm dying to discuss this hand. I've thought a LOT about it and I think that I should have either stayed away from the big stack with that hand, in that position, at that point, or I should have check-raised him on the flop.
6/25/10 12:13 PM
andre

PR!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Sorry, I'm obsessively checking this forum because I'm so eager to see your thoughts on the proper way to play the hand in question (A-T). I know I screwed the pooch in a major way, but I'm wondering what the optimal line would have been.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.