UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> DFW thinks Brilz won, Nouiera disagrees

6/5/10 11:38 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1069 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

A controversial decision occurred in the UFC 114 light heavyweight match-up between Jason Brilz and Antonio Rogerio Nogueira with “Li’l Nog” coming away with a split decision victory.

UFC president Dana White did not agree with the decision.

"I thought Brilz won the fight. I'm always disagreeing with the judges,” White commented at the post-fight press conference.

“I just need to shut up, I'm not a judge, and I said earlier to these guys that Brilz had the opportunity to knock Li’l Nog out at the end of that second round. He hit him with like three punches in a row and Nog was out on his feet, and Brilz stopped punching him and there was like 20 seconds left in the round. You left it in the hands of the judges."

The implication is, you left it in the hands of incompetent judges, or it wouldn’t be a constantly uttered term in the sport at all.

Nogueira disagreed with White’s assessment and felt he rightfully was victorious.

“Yeah, I think I won the fight,” Nogueira told the media.

“We made a very, very close fight, but I’m very confident that I won this fight, but he’s proved he’s a good guy."

Read entire article...

6/5/10 11:41 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Hurricane Ditka
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree with Nouiera
6/5/10 1:06 PM
Markos
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How do you misspell Nogueira's name in the damn title???
6/5/10 1:11 PM
Bounty Hunter

whats so controversial about a guy winning the 1st and 3rd round?
6/5/10 2:54 PM
bemsqua
58 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I thought Brilz won, but I really have no desire to see a rematch with these two. I think Nogueria takes the fight easily if they go at it again. I just don't want this fight to show up as a "co-main event" in a future UFC.
6/5/10 3:04 PM
inf0
304 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nog won.. if you think different, please never become a judge.

6/5/10 4:11 PM
JSMHP
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

first round was close but the 2nd and 3rd had obvious winners

Loved the fight
6/5/10 4:17 PM
MakeMeBleed
139 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

great fight that had no loser IMO
6/5/10 6:18 PM
the_shrike
36 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

not the first time Dana has been wrong

he, like a lot of you on here, is a hot head driven by emotion, rather than logic

29-28 Nog

no other possible way to score that fight
6/6/10 8:46 PM
Immaculata
71 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Brilz won that fight.
6/6/10 10:55 PM
aegix

You guys are all wrong.  According to CRE (an authority on all aspects of MMA), the fight was an insult to MMA fans as Brilz couldn't even be a decent sparring partner for Noguira.

http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/mma.cfm?go=forum_framed.frame&thread=1636115&page=1
6/6/10 11:18 PM
sparkuri

ames rilz on hat ight o oubt bout t, nd f tory.
6/7/10 9:04 PM
Markos
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Nobody sees a fuckin issuse with misspelling Nogueira's name in the damn title???
6/7/10 10:53 PM
Flying Teep
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Markos - Nobody sees a fuckin issuse with misspelling Nogueira's name in the damn title???

"That kid is back on the escalator again!"

Dunno why it reminded me of that.

On topic, I gave it to Brilz, but it was close enough that I don't think it is a huge controversy.
6/7/10 10:53 PM
Flying Teep
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/07/10 10:53 PM
Edit- Double post

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.