UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Rich Frankin made weight in a coed naked sauna

6/9/10 12:06 AM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1072 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

Dave Deibert: What’s the best practical joke you’ve played in the locker room or the best one someone’s played on you?

Rich Franklin: That’s all we do. I could go on for days. But since you brought up locker rooms, one of the most shocking moments I’ve ever had in the locker room was when I fought in Germany. The sauna in Germany is co-ed naked. The showers are co-ed naked. I was cutting weight. I walk out of the steam room one day, cutting weight, and there’s three girls standing there naked, showering. And I’m trying to play it cool, like that’s just normal for you because it’s normal for them. They’re like ‘Hello.’ You’re trying not to stare, like they’re just one of the guys and you’re not going to stare at them. That was a pretty weird thing to walk out on. We knew, they told us, about the co-ed naked locker rooms. It said on the sign: do not get in the sauna with clothing on. We’re cutting weight, didn’t really see the girls. Then one day, bam! They’re standing there. I was like, ‘Holy crap.’ (laughs)

DD: At the 2008 Paper-Rock-Scissors national championships, Wanderlei Silva beat you in the decisive round with scissors cutting paper. Did beating him at UFC 99 make up for that loss or does it still haunt you?

RF: No, no. I beat him in the paper-rock-scissors.

DD: I got that wrong. You beat him?

RF: Of course.

DD: So you’re 2-0 against him.

RF: Exactly. But one of them is the important one, and that’s the paper-rock-scissors (laughs). We go to the competition. It’s at Mandalay Bay (in Las Vegas). We’re just doing a little exhibition but this is, like, a $50,000 tournament. These guys aren’t a joke. There’s a sanctioned body. There’s referees for this stuff. These guys take this crap seriously. It’s so funny because before it began, Wanderlei had never played paper-rock-scissors in his life before. So I was backstage, in broken Portuguese, trying to explain how to play paper-rock-scissors the best I could. When we came out, in broken English he tried to tell everybody he was a world champion back in Brazil (laughs).

DD: Name one thing about teaching that you enjoyed more than being an MMA fighter.

RF: I didn’t get punched in the face.

Read entire interview...

6/9/10 12:48 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TSMontana
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Don't know what's funnier...a German tabloid writing an article on how Jim Carrey was seen naked in a German co-ed sauna, or Wanderlei claiming he was the rock-paper-scissors champion of Brazil.
6/9/10 1:18 AM
piratepirate
614 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

How crazy would it be to go to the Paper/Rock Scissor championship and draw Wandy.
6/9/10 3:28 AM
Posty Magee
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

piratepirate -  How crazy would it be to go to the Paper/Rock Scissor championship and draw Wandy.

It would be even crazier if they didn't tell you who you drew and then you heard Sandstorm come on.
6/9/10 6:34 AM
ironyuppie
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

do they have staredowns in rock-paper-scissors?
6/9/10 9:10 AM
Kirik
1634 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mixed Martial Arts LLC, President
 I wonder if Wand did his hand warm up before the Rock Paper Scissors Champeenship (of the world)?
6/9/10 9:15 AM
Ramon Maroni

Kirik -  I wonder if Wand did his hand warm up before the Rock Paper Scissors Champeenship (of the world)?

hand warm up? Jacking off?
6/9/10 9:30 AM
Jsteven
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ramon Maroni - 
Kirik -  I wonder if Wand did his hand warm up before the Rock Paper Scissors Champeenship (of the world)?

6/9/10 9:41 AM
Markos
126 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rich Franklin is the man. one of the most likable fighters ive ever seen
6/9/10 9:46 AM
Morgz
214 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good thing he didn't fap!
6/9/10 9:47 AM
thforklift
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fun interview. Some type-os, but other than that good read. Franklin always comes off as a cool guy. 
6/9/10 9:54 AM
threestars35

US should have a co-ed sauna
6/9/10 10:00 AM
twinkletoesCT
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Modern Self-Defense Center, Head Instructor
Funny stuff!
6/9/10 10:23 AM
Kakkarotto_san

Ramon Maroni - 

Newb alert.
6/9/10 10:25 AM
Retard
722 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Rich Franklin is awesome,

I hate that this fight was made, 

I don't want to see him or chuck lose anymore.
6/9/10 10:28 AM
Evil Intentions
38 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Awesome interview
6/9/10 10:33 AM
OmegaPoon
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Posty Magee - 
piratepirate -  How crazy would it be to go to the Paper/Rock Scissor championship and draw Wandy.

It would be even crazier if they didn't tell you who you drew and then you heard Sandstorm come on.

lol

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.