UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> information on gloves and thumb injuries

6/9/10 7:20 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
jones182
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hey guys, training has been goin awesome lately but i am havin constant thumb injuries on my right hand, after training and the next day i can barely move my right thumb, i never have any issues with my left hand but i get pins and needles in both thumbs after hitting the pads, weird huh?
i thought it must have been the way i throw my hooks and i tryed throwing it more like a boxer with my closed fist facing me and rolling the fist over but still my thumb gets so sore i cant move it.
next thought was maybe its the way i wrap my hands but after talking to the coaches and wrapping it looser i still get the same problems.
so i've come to think it must be my gloves, i have 14oz fairtex gloves, nothing special just the regular ones and have had them about a year and a half, i had 16oz gameness gloves before them and never had any issues with my thumb but i wasnt trainin anywhere near as hard.
my question is wat gloves do u guys recommend? have u had similar issues? have tricks or tips on wat i could do? and finally wats ur view on mexican style and thai style gloves?
cheers heaps guys
6/13/10 6:39 AM
benetics

i had the same problem with my left knuckle which i couldnt figure out. i'd simply worn my gloves down from use and since i bought a new pair of twins specials i havent had the problem, considering you've used the gloves for 18 months its probably time for a new pair.
6/13/10 8:22 PM
jones182

cheers mate yeh i've been lookin at a pair of twins or hayabusa, no too sure wat to get

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.