UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> Itunes organization help

6/10/10 10:46 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Jeepster
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Any help or recommendations would be appreciated.
I have Itunes on a PC. I have recently changed my external hard drive and copied all the files from the old unit. Itunes can not find most of the locations of the music now. It appears I have music in many locations on my computer. When I have Itunes search for all music I and up with triplicates of a lot of music. How best do I correct this. Is there a good, affordable software that will work to organize all my music and work with ipod.
Thanks!!
6/10/10 12:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DaddyRich
89 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm sure some guys have more knowledge on this but I'll give my input. It sounds like you don't have itunes pointed to the correct location of the audio files anymore. Go into itunes --> Preferences --> Advanced and make sure "Keep iTunes Media folder organized" and "Copy files to iTunes Media folder when adding to library" are checked. That will put a copy of each audio file into the iTunes media folder so everything is in one location. You can also move that media folder to any location you want.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.