UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> Muay Thai where to start?

6/12/10 2:10 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KendrickJ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hello all. I am looking to start fighting in Muay Thai where should I start? I have done MMA professional before. I jut want a change. Where should I start fighting?
6/12/10 6:26 PM
Khun Kao
1220 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

You've got a serious challenge in front of you. The problem you face is that any self-respecting sanctioning body will not allow you to enter an amateur Muay Thai circuit now that you've fought professionally in MMA.

However, I guess it really depends on what your goals are?

Soooo..... why the change?
6/12/10 7:44 PM
KendrickJ

Well i have been doing martial arts since 1994. I have always waned to do boxing, kicboxing and mma. I have done over 30 mma fights, just one pro boxing match and no kickboxing.

Also my wife doesnt want me to do mma anymore. All of my major injuries have happened in mma fights. I have contacted a amateur circuits they all said "no". I need a place to get my feet wet and take it from there. I watch guys like Peter Aerts and the K-1 guys stil fighting and I was watching them in 1993. new challenge for me on all levels. I dont mind going pro but not with the killers yet. My goal??? overall would love to fight in Japan and thai land at least once.
6/13/10 5:26 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

KendrickJ - I watch guys like Peter Aerts and the K-1 guys stil fighting and I was watching them in 1993.
That's becasue they're on steroids which allows them to heal faster and train longer.

6/13/10 8:00 PM
PoWdA101
677 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Noob question: Why will no amateur kickboxing sanctioning bodies take an ex MMA fighter?
6/13/10 10:28 PM
Bull_in_chinashop
98 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should Badyr Hari be allowed at the next amateur grass roots level MMA card in your home town? 
6/14/10 5:47 AM
KendrickJ

They all said it would be unfair. i have had over 30 fights and to fight a guy with no ring experience would be unfair.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.