UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Franklin to be in cast 8 weeks with broken ulna

6/13/10 10:10 PM
Ignore | Vote Down | Vote Up
Underground News
1278 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Underground News, Editor

#    I broke my ulna n my forearm. I find out today if i need surg today. Either way im casted at least 8 wks     about 3 hours ago  via txt

read more Rich Franklin on Twitter...

6/13/10 11:18 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Sultan
143 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

damn that sucks....but at least he can get some rest and chill out for a while.
6/13/10 11:55 PM
parrishmma
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Doesnt he mean Chuck broke it?
6/13/10 11:57 PM
Cheeseburger Eddie
93 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tough bastard.
6/14/10 12:25 AM
mugatu
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

that was a nasty fracture, I bet they'll have to fixate it with some screws and a plate
6/14/10 12:28 AM
AOmonsta
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thank god he could still twitter
6/14/10 12:37 AM
TheClips
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

parrishmma - Doesnt he mean Chuck broke it?

Ha ha, true. But yes, if it makes you feel better, Chuck broke it.
6/14/10 4:34 AM
Waterbottle

Definitely not my favorite fighter and I don't like his style much, but I gotta give respect when somebody deserves it. Rich is a tough fighter and is solid everywhere. He's not a master at anything but solid and can fight wherever the fight may go. He is also very tough and can take big shots. Very hard to put away and has competed with the best in MMA. Much Respect.

Waterbottle
6/14/10 9:08 AM
Jeepster
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tuff dude
6/14/10 9:15 AM
HardHittingHeeb

Waterbottle - Definitely not my favorite fighter and I don't like his style much, but I gotta give respect when somebody deserves it. Rich is a tough fighter and is solid everywhere. He's not a master at anything but solid and can fight wherever the fight may go. He is also very tough and can take big shots. Very hard to put away and has competed with the best in MMA. Much Respect.

Waterbottle

Feel the same way. Not a fan, but tough guy.
6/14/10 9:19 AM
Mike Sanders

Franklin is underrated by a lot of people, but what's up with his weird hard/brittle bones? Seriously, his strikes seem to do a lot of soft tissue damage but he cracks faster than a plate at a greek wedding. I guess that's why he had to become CYBORG SOLDIER????

ttt for the doulton destroyer
6/14/10 9:22 AM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is a painful, PAINFUL break. One of our goalkeepers had the same injury form colliding with a post - he's not a soft lad by any means, but was nearly in tears with agony

Rich is a True Warrior to fight on like that and get the KO
6/14/10 10:53 AM
estanmilko

^Depends, I broke mine and didn't feel any pain from it.
6/14/10 11:07 AM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/14/10 11:15 AM
<blockquote>estanmilko - ^Depends, I broke mine and didn't feel any pain from it

A broken forearm is notoriously painful. Maybe you had a little ulna fracture, but if you broke your actual forearm and felt no pain then either

1. You are desensitised to pain
2. You are lying

Franklin might need a plate and a few screws put in. You would be in agony, guaranteed. And in Franklins position turtle up and tap.

As I said, Franklin is a warrior
6/14/10 11:14 AM
estanmilko

I have a metal plate and 6 screws in my forearm, my ulna was snapped in 2 from an americana.... ZERO pain. I'm not saying it can't hurt, I'm just saying that it doesn't always hurt and I'm proof of it.
6/14/10 11:16 AM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide

Edited: 06/14/10 11:19 AM
estanmilko - I have a metal plate and 6 screws in my forearm, my ulna was snapped in 2 from an americana.... ZERO pain. I'm not saying it can't hurt, I'm just saying that it doesn't always hurt and I'm proof of it.

Ok, sounds weird
6/14/10 11:19 AM
estanmilko

lol all you want but I have a 6" scar down my forearm and had to take a year out of BJJ for it. I've broken both my ankles at different times and only one of those hurt but that one hurt a lot so I obviously do feel pain.
6/14/10 11:21 AM
Winnson
54 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Must...Drink...More...Milk!
6/14/10 11:21 AM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide

Pain or not, imagine throwing down and KO'ing someone with your snapped arm!

Credit where it's due SURELY
6/14/10 11:22 AM
FERA BRABA
244 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'll be disappointed if he doesn't opt for the pink and brown cast! 
6/14/10 11:22 AM
estanmilko

The worst thing about it is that one of my ankle breaks came from collapsing in the hospital after the surgery to put the plate in.......
6/14/10 11:23 AM
estanmilko

Oh and someone in our BJJ class was complaining about a lump on his lower leg. Turned out he'd broken his leg and not noticed and now it was all healed.
6/14/10 11:28 AM
estanmilko

Fuck off. I'm not trying to say I'm a tough guy, I'm just presenting situations where a broken limb can not hurt.
6/14/10 11:42 AM
Mica Kizbig
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
6/14/10 12:01 PM
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide

Edited: 06/14/10 12:02 PM
estanmilko - 'Fuck off. I'm not trying to say I'm a tough guy, I'm just presenting situations where a broken limb can not hurt'

Like I said, imagine KO'ing a guy whilst you have a broken arm.

Fuckin Legend

And tbh, I think you're full of it. No offense. You don't 'not notice' a fucking broken leg.

If you were in Franklins position you would cry, nevermind be able to fight

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.