UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> Knife Fighting Videos

6/19/10 11:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kido777
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Looking for some good knife fighting vids/dvds, anyone have any in mind they'd like to share?
6/24/10 2:09 PM
Kido777
15 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt
6/27/10 5:41 AM
Skpotamus
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a fan of James Keatings Drawpoint series, along with Southnarcs Shivworks material.
6/30/10 3:56 PM
Sisco T
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

guro marc's die less often is VERY good(although not really knife fighting, maybe better to say fighting a knife). i've seen some of coldsteel's warrior's edge and thought it was good too(which is fighting with your knife).

Francisco
7/17/10 4:17 PM
lerdrit

Ray Floro
7/21/10 7:55 AM
Kai Tremeche

Ray Floro is great.
7/30/10 12:18 AM
martiallist

Edited: 07/30/10 12:20 AM
check out:

http://martiallist.com/libre-fighting-academy/

Scott from Libre Fighting Academy has awesome knife fighting skills.
9/9/10 2:51 AM
krebs74

shivworks are awesome!!
9/20/10 6:21 AM
JJK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I agree you cant go past "Essential Ray Floro" dvds.
10/23/10 5:09 PM
DanTheWolfman

I'm going to check out Michael Janich and DBA Die Less Often, what else is essential for Empty Hand vs Knife or Small Folder vs knife? thanks
10/25/10 4:56 PM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I personally do NOT LIKE KNIFE FIGHTING videos. I like empty hands vs knife (counter knife) DVDs.

Knife fighting is ridiculous. BUT if you want to learn to go into actual combat with a blade, get qualified instruction.

Demi "puttin out fires all day" Barbito
10/29/10 4:02 PM
Kido777

Ever see one where they teach the kind of stuff that Tommy Lee Jones was teaching in The Hunted?
11/2/10 9:27 AM
Willybone
270 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kido777 - Ever see one where they teach the kind of stuff that Tommy Lee Jones was teaching in The Hunted?
Yes.
That movie was done with Sayoc Kali guys as consultants. The Sayoc Kali website has lots of videos for sale.
I bought the "6 of 9" DVD and have thoroughly enjoyed it. It's based around a partner drill, so it's a little hard to work solo but it's a well-done video.

11/3/10 5:37 AM
JJK
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Demitrius Barbito - I personally do NOT LIKE KNIFE FIGHTING videos. I like empty hands vs knife (counter knife) DVDs.

Knife fighting is ridiculous. BUT if you want to learn to go into actual combat with a blade, get qualified instruction.

Demi "puttin out fires all day" Barbito

Hey Demi, how are you mate? Just wondering why you think knife fighting is ridiculous? Do you not feel that it improves your ability to defend against one? Look forward to your response and have a great day!

Felipe
11/4/10 9:30 PM
Demitrius Barbito
40 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Felipe,

I'll respond soon. Too busy right now to give you a good response...
11/7/10 9:27 AM
Demitrius Barbito

I just think knife fighting stuff becomes a "thing".

I think that understanding bladed combat is important. And there is some great material. I think wanting to be a "knife fighter" is best left in the comic books or antiquities. It's akin to wanting to be a gunslinger.

First, people do not realize that NOBODY ALIVE can control the amount of damage they do when defending them selves with a blade. You may do NO DAMAGE and get it taken from you and shoved into your own clavicle. OR you may end up shoving it thru your opponents ribs and into his lung. The blade takes on a life of it's own when it barely "touches" something.

I've also known FAR TOO MANY PEOPLE who started buying and carrying knives after learning a bit of knife material. Not for the love of the blade BUT because they felt prepared to "fight with it".

They have an unrealistic sense of it's use and how an assault might escalate because of it's presence.

I've had people tell me that if someone walked into their living room they would take out there knees with a couple of shots from their 9mm. First of all, you can't shoot at anyone unless they present a life and death threat or the threat of great bodily injury. Second of all, when your heart is in your throat and you are under "body alarm condition" you can't surgically shoot at advancing opponents in close quarters. You'll probably have to go empty hand first and then transition to a weapon (that's the way real life encounters usually happen).

All the various elements of combat training are good. Knife training is a good thing. The problem is when a GOOD THING becomes an ULTIMATE thing.

Demi

www.DemiBarbito.com
11/9/10 7:23 PM
Demitrius Barbito

Nuthin...???

I thought fer sure somebody would curse the day I was born over this one...
11/21/10 4:24 PM
Kido777

Demitrius Barbito - Nuthin...???

I thought fer sure somebody would curse the day I was born over this one...

I hear what your saying, I guess the title of my thread was misleading (I wasn't thinking of fighting an opponent holding a knife with another knife).
11/30/10 5:14 AM
Robin Ashe

Wouldn't you want to have someone skilled at offense with a knife to practice defense against a bad case scenario attacker? Sounds in principle like teaching takedown defense without teaching the takedowns first.

If I'm just practicing empty hand vs knife defense, without having knife fighting being a part of the training, I'm practicing against someone with lame offense. That could build a similarly bad sense of confidence.
12/5/10 4:48 AM
DanTheWolfman

ttt
12/5/10 3:04 PM
Robin Ashe

Is a TTT really necessary in this forum? With the low activity it would take a month for any thread to slip down at all.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.