UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> TRYING TO UPGRADE MOTHERBOARD???

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

6/20/10 12:30 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
TZillian
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

So i just got the new Asus Rampage 3 Extreme edition and set it all up in my chassis. problem is that i cant get the computer to boot all the way to windows. i get it to the bios just fine but when i try to start windows it gives me the option to launch disk repair or start windows normally. if i choose to start it normally it gives me a blue screen and restarts. ans i dont have any disk repair cd's just the win 7 install cd. 

what should i do? who do i talk to to help me with this? any courses i could take to help me learn this stuff?

6/20/10 9:23 AM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

Edited: 06/20/10 9:23 AM
it's rare that you can simply replace a motherboard and have windows successfully work afterwards. it happens, but more often than not it doesn't. Unless it's the same motherboard you replace, none of the drivers are going to be right.

you're probably going to need to install again. if you do so, don't format/partition the disc and Win 7 will rename the windows directory, as well as the program files directory and keep things separated. so you won't lose data. 
6/20/10 11:53 AM
TZillian

humphrey sphinctermuscle - it's rare that you can simply replace a motherboard and have windows successfully work afterwards. it happens, but more often than not it doesn't. Unless it's the same motherboard you replace, none of the drivers are going to be right.

you're probably going to need to install again. if you do so, don't format/partition the disc and Win 7 will rename the windows directory, as well as the program files directory and keep things separated. so you won't lose data. 

thanks man, one more question. when i try to reinstall the system tells me that i dont have enough free space. i have 60 gb of space on the ssd i want to install it to. that should be more than enough i thought. 
6/20/10 4:44 PM
humphrey sphinctermuscle

hmm.. well. does it show 60 gb available? Do you have another drive in the machine? with an SSD you might need to load special drivers that aren't included with win7. maybe try that? If i could see the screen when you get to that point I could probably tell you more. Sorry.

oh, and I'm jealous. i still want an SSD for a system drive, but i'm too cheap to buy one :)
6/20/10 10:35 PM
TZillian

its pretty sweet. btw, i got it. i just formatted the drive and it allowed me to do it. everything is up and running correctly now. thanks for your help man. 

| Share | Email | Subscribe | Check IPs

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.