UnderGround Forums

ITGround >> Books on Windows Server 2003?

6/21/10 10:09 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
ferox13
726 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm a complete newb to this OS but I want to learn how to use it.

I'm going to set up a subnet at home with a server. I want it to learn the basics of the OS (use it for DHCP monitor traffic etc etc).

I was looking to by a book on it. Are the Dummies books useless and am i better off going for something else.

IF I am can some one recommend something from HERE..
7/5/10 1:53 PM
CuddleBug
192 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'd say anything works and that it really comes down to preferences of how you like the material presented. So you might want to go to a bookstore and sit down and start looking through the various ones. Some are overly simplified and shallow and some are incredibly dry and don't present the information in a useful manner that makes sense for real use... I have a lot of the 2003 MCSE books and I think they all have cd's with a pdf file of the book, but they are pretty dry, but I could email them to you if you are interested. Let me know.

7/5/10 2:01 PM
ferox13
726 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I got a 'for Dummies' book as it was cheap and I'm a complete noob at the OS...I think MCSE would be way above my pay grade at the moment :-)

But thanks for the offer....
7/24/10 10:26 PM
hunting
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey Ferox,

As usual, I am coming to aid again. :)

I have all kinds of e-books on just about everything. I just moved so I have not set up all my servers and network, but if you give me a little time I will just throw a quick FTP together and you can snag what you want/need.

But again, I just moved and have had(not to be a whiny bitch)but some complicated health issues.

Sorry I did not see this post sooner or I would have tried to expedite it. Give me a couple of days, and please leave your email....I forgot it.

Hunting
7/24/10 10:39 PM
hunting

Crap, just read that you were already offered.

Well, I still have a vast selection you may want to check out.

Let me know.

Hunting
7/25/10 7:32 AM
ferox13

Thanks man - i'll prolly get back to u on some stage for hel[p...
7/25/10 6:38 PM
hunting

Anytime bro.

I am keeping track of those pints. ;)

Hunting

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.