UnderGround Forums

Judo/Sambo UnderGround >> ROSS Gi & No Gi Russian Grappling Seminar PA

6/23/10 8:52 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
dezflag
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

AmerROSS is putting on another seminar. This one should be right in everyone’s wheelhouse.

Here are the details –

Topic: ROSS Biomechanics and Principles Applied to Jacket and Jacketless Grappling
Instructor: Scott Fabel, Head Trainer AmerROSS
Date: 07/18/10
Time: 9:30 AM - 1:30 PM
Price: $35.00 for Early Registration (before 5/17/10), $45.00 at the door
Paypal address for prepayment: payment@fitkickboxing.com
520 Lancaster Ave. Unit #4
Frazer, PA 19355
Phone: 610-731-9705

Please visit www.AmerROSS.com for more details on ROSS. And if you have any questions, let me know.

Thanks
6/25/10 1:35 AM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

yet another example of some dweeb trying to be an authority of a russian martial art system?

i might be wrong, but upon looking at mr. fabel's photos... with his skinny neck, non-cauli ears, and absolutley no honest credentials on his website, it makes me think this is just a ton of crap.

6/29/10 12:59 PM
dezflag

First, I don't belong to the ROSS organization. I am a sankyu Judoka and a blue belt in BJJ. My left ear needed to be drained multiple times and my neck is 19" so I must know what I'm talking about.

I did take a seminar with Scott last Fall and I was impressed with his teaching ability. While he doesn't have the physique of a professional fighter he was able to perform with agility, coordination and balance that I couldn't duplicate.

Again, I don't know the history of ROSS but since Scott Fabel was an uke in Sonnon's "Immovable Object Unstoppable Force" I'm guessing he's been with the organization for ten or more years.

Scott Fabel's title is "head trainer" of ROSS in America so if you're interested in the ROSS system he is qualified. I believe that if you are a judoka, sambo or bjj player you will probably learn some practical, unique information at this seminar.
6/30/10 8:54 AM
JasonKeaton
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I trained with Scott about 10 years ago. His throws were pretty good. He is little though and I don't know if he has ever competed
6/30/10 9:21 AM
judom
123 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Russian grappling. W-T-F is that.
7/1/10 7:19 PM
nowaydo
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Scott is a cool guy will good skills.
7/2/10 12:11 PM
HoldYerGround
163 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seems like crap to me. I watched all of his videos and they look terrible. Its starting to look as if any American with connections with ROSS is a joke. I find it interesting that the ROSS guys seem obsessed with explaining the finer points behind the biomechanical principles that make a forward roll work, yet every piece of media I have seen of Judo or Sambo instruction in Russia is particularly stripped down. Sometimes it seems like they just demonstrate a technique to the class and don't even talk their way through it.
7/16/10 1:23 PM
dezflag

TTT
7/16/10 4:09 PM
JoshuaResnick
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know this much... I am not impressed. Not even close. Not even remotely. Not a dime of my money would go to this guy when they could go to guys like Dynamo who bring in people the likes of Igor.

Serioulsy, why bother with this stuff at all when getting to experience the best people in the world is not that damn hard to do?

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.