UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Grove's fight demoted after criticizing Spike

6/25/10 3:43 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
epwar
646 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Long story short - Grove criticized SpikeTV as having too much input into The Ultimate Fighter and UFC. The result? They take his fight off the prelims on Spike. Way to prove the guy's point for him.
A middleweight bout between Kendall Grove and Goran Reljic has been demoted to UFC 116's un-aired preliminary card, and a light-heavyweight fight between Seth Petruzelli and Ricardo Romero has been promoted to its slot on UFC 116's "UFC Prelims" special on Spike TV.

A source close to Spike TV today confirmed the change with MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

The source said Grove prompted the change after the fighter openly criticized the UFC's longtime cable partner and their involvement in "The Ultimate Fighter."

UFC 116 takes place July 3 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. Heavyweights Chris Tuchscherer and Brendan Schaub compete in the other "UFC Prelims" fight, which airs prior to the night's pay-per-view main-card broadcast.

Grove, who was the season-three middleweight winner of "The Ultimate Fighter" reality series, earlier this week told Tapout Radio that Spike TV officials only care about ratings and getting "as much drama and stupidity out of us" as possible with little regard for the cast members' careers.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/19689/grove-vs-reljic-demoted-petruzelli-vs-romero-promoted-to-ufc-116s-ufc-prelims.mma
6/25/10 3:49 PM
Cody at FightTrends
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Man that sucks.  I hate when companies try to sensor fighters like this.  If it is the best fight for the fans, then leave it.  Don't get all butt hurt over somethin and take it out on the fans by giving them a lesser fight to watch just to get back at someone.
6/25/10 3:54 PM
MMA Scraps Radio
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Why do I have the feeling that if he gets stopped, his fight WILL be shown on Spike?

I feel bad for his opponent who will likely lose sponsorship money for something he had nothing to do with.
6/25/10 3:54 PM
brahmabull81
60 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seth is gettin luck directed his way for once, though.

Seth's sponsorship money ftw now.

Kendall got screwed though. Cant fault a guy for being honest. In the real world that works, but faggot Hollywood entities dont allow you to be honest, or yourself.

I like how the "man network" got uppity like a girl, and dumped Grove.

6/25/10 3:57 PM
smoogy
100 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The funny part is that Grove didn't really criticize them at all, he just laid out a bunch of unassailable truths he learned about TUF from first hand experience, things that anyone who has watched the show can attest to. It was nice of Spike and UFC to throw Goran Reljic under the bus with him for no particular reason
6/25/10 4:02 PM
Rashad's Official Nipple Tweaker
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

good i'd much rather see Romero wreck Seth...but I did want to see Rejlic
6/25/10 4:03 PM
Trojan Rubber Guard
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 06/25/10 4:03 PM
 I'm just glad I get to see Seth fight now
6/25/10 4:08 PM
JimmersonzGlove
475 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WWF
6/25/10 4:08 PM
MentaL
527 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

6/25/10 4:12 PM
Soldier of Christ
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Silverback ftw! Maybe Grove makes the main ppv broadcast with a speedy victory!
6/25/10 4:20 PM
Jsteven
43 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

would rather see grove reljic
6/25/10 4:21 PM
madmav
12 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

fuck spike... who the fuck do they think they are.... showtime??!
6/25/10 4:21 PM
jjj2121

Lesson: Probably not a good idea to criticize the TV Network that took a chance and saved the sport and promotes the shit out of the sport that has made you quite a lot of money.

If Grove gets beat, I'd bet he's gone.
6/25/10 4:23 PM
bakalol

couldn't care less about Grove.... then i read further and saw seth was moved up

why complain?
6/25/10 4:25 PM
thewellhungarian
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Working for the UFC is like working for any company. If I said anything negative about my company or anyone that hires my company; and the higher up hear about it, I can count on a VERY negative reaction. I would be lucky to still have my job. The difference in Groves proffesion is that Dana is ALWAYS going to hear about it.
6/25/10 4:25 PM
Mma_Gawd
74 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seth is cool but nobody gives a fuck about romero, We want to see Grove vs Relijc (New and improved Cro Cop).
6/25/10 4:27 PM
D_S_A

THANKS SPIKE YOU STUPID PIECES OF SHIT

seriously it was worth it, spike is garbage and grove should speak his mind always
6/25/10 4:29 PM
jjj2121

D_S_A - THANKS SPIKE YOU STUPID PIECES OF SHIT

seriously it was worth it, spike is garbage and grove should speak his mind always

This is going to cost him sponsor money and very easily could cost him his UFC deal if he loses.
6/25/10 4:30 PM
UrineTrouble

Wes_Mantooth - Lesson to be learned - DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU.
6/25/10 4:32 PM
amandapottle
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU.
6/25/10 4:32 PM
Hong Kong Phooey
771 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Cody at FightTrends -  Man that sucks.  I hate when companies try to sensor fighters like this.  If it is the best fight for the fans, then leave it.  Don't get all butt hurt over somethin and take it out on the fans by giving them a lesser fight to watch just to get back at someone.

douche move by them , punish us by no kendall , waa waa
6/25/10 4:34 PM
RedDragons
23 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hey hey hey.....now we get to see the UG's own Silverback Seth on free TV.....again.
6/25/10 4:44 PM
goonskwad

man. i was really looking forward to seein Da Spyda fight... even put some money down on him... oh well

WAR SILVERBACK
6/25/10 4:52 PM
Zedlepln
226 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Seth on Spike means we get to see the walk-in.

6/25/10 4:53 PM
goonskwad

Zedlepln - <p>Seth on Spike means we get to see the walk-in.</p>

AWWWW HELL

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.