UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> Training in Amsterdam or Thailand

6/25/10 11:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kicklikeamule
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am wondering how many of you have been to both or ether one. I would prefer to go to Holland but the experience seems so much easier and more convenient in Thailand. I would appreciate any help or input on the two.
6/26/10 2:07 AM
DevinS
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ah, can't comment on Holland as I've never been there, but Thailand is the shit. Cheap, huge choice of places to train, super friendly. And if you wanna clinch Thailand for sure. Holland has some badass places too I bet though.
6/26/10 11:01 AM
Gokudamus stole my name
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Different type of training

Thailand is great if you plan on staying 6 months or longer. Or if you are already have skills and just want to sharpen up a bit

Holland will make you progress faster in a shorter amount of time. But its baptism by fire

6/26/10 11:14 AM
kicklikeamule

I like the Dutch style better. So I guess I should just go there. I just need to figure out the most cost efficient way to do it.
7/2/10 5:50 AM
Ryukyu Damashi
8 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm in Thailand for the next 8 weeks. The training can't be beat :)
7/3/10 7:51 PM
CALI NATIVE

kicklikeamule - I like the Dutch style better. So I guess I should just go there. I just need to figure out the most cost efficient way to do it.

Amsterdam Gym in East Oakland, Ca.
7/4/10 2:45 PM
Duke Roufus
458 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Roufusport Academy, Owner
I like both methods.

Thailand is great to work elbow, knee, clinch game, padwork etc.

Holland is great for combos & lots of sparring. I had fun training at Vos gym
7/6/10 7:23 PM
nate7

Seems to me that there are plenty of places in Thailand that have classes in boxing and mma so if you want to learn it all I would try Thailand. Plus its cheaper.
7/16/10 11:38 AM
jhendo79
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

never been to Thailand, Trained in holland a few times and FUCKING LOVE IT.

Total Baptism by fire, you won't get Ko'd but you will be dropped by leg kicks on a daily basis...But your thighs will be re-habilitated by the ammount of biking you will do when there.

7/16/10 11:38 AM
jhendo79
4 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

never been to Thailand, Trained in holland a few times and FUCKING LOVE IT.

Total Baptism by fire, you won't get Ko'd but you will be dropped by leg kicks on a daily basis...But your thighs will be re-habilitated by the ammount of biking you will do when there.

8/1/10 7:26 PM
Syphylis

the first thing someone did to me training/sparring in the Netherlands was a 1-2, knee to the chest.  Baptism by fire sounds about right. The Dutch are very sober; train hard or forget it

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.