UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> I assume that female ref lost her license right?

[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
6/29/10 8:22 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
The Elastic Assassin
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i mean the job she did in the cyborg/finney fight was probably the worst i've seen in all of my years of watching/doing MMA.....this is the type of ref that is going to get someone fucking hurt....bad....

finney was getting fucking POUNDED and then when she does get to a spot where she is getting pounded a bit les...she gets STOOD UP after about 3 seconds on the ground....

if i was in finney's corner (was there anyone IN her corner?) i would have thrown in the towel to protect her form the REF!!!.....i would then file a complaint with the commission to get her banned from the sport.....

obviously this ref's priorities have nothing to do with fighter saftey or rules so what the fuck was she doing in there?........

if i ever see her again it will be too soon...actually i may lodge a complaint with the commision myself....that was some dangerouse stuff there man.....

scary stuff if you are a fighter....
6/29/10 8:26 AM
Nabors Rigpig
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i was thinking the same thing
Biizz

I agree it was a bead reffing job but she could have quit at any time.
DoctorVanNostran

i hope she does but i doubt they will
donkypunch55
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i agree all the way around. pretty disgraceful performance by the ref.

i mean, so, when do you stop the fight lady? after Cyborg has GNP'ed that little chick into jelly? hanging on to an ankle and turtling IS NOT intelligent defense.

and shame on Finney's corner. they have a responsibility to their charge to NOT allow a beating like that to continue. the fact that they let her answer the bell for that second round is rediculous.
6/29/10 8:35 AM
The Elastic Assassin
125 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Biizz - I agree it was a bead reffing job but she could have quit at any time.

fighter's fight and unfortunately they can fight their way into boliin if the ref (and corner) let them.....ther ref is there not only to protect fighters form the other fighter (if they themselves) but to protect tehm from themselves.....

the corner has soem blame here but the corner is not an impartial observer like the ref is they have a stake in it...they want to give their fighter every chance they can....

for teh love of christ cyborg wanted to quit punching her....she knew the deal....how dim is the ref if she can;t figure it out...

as a fighter i don't want to quit....i will fight until i can't anymore......i am DEPENDING on the ref to stop if my pride/heart won't let me quit.....this allows me to give it my all knowing there is someone there to keep me from killing myself......if that person decides not to do that part or their job what's left?......
6/29/10 8:40 AM
donkypunch55
115 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jkennedy - 
donkypunch55 - i agree all the way around. pretty disgraceful performance by the ref.

i mean, so, when do you stop the fight lady? after Cyborg has GNP'ed that little chick into jelly? hanging on to an ankle and turtling IS NOT intelligent defense.

Optics are everything and the ref doesn't have the advantage of a second perspective. It would be interesting to hear from her to see what she was thinking.

and shame on Finney's corner. they have a responsibility to their charge to NOT allow a beating like that to continue. the fact that they let her answer the bell for that second round is rediculous.

While this bothered me as well I wonder if Finney's corner hadn't see her fight through more?

fight through more?! did Finney fight a silverback at some point?
regardless of her ABILITY to take a beating, they should have not allowed her to go back out.

that's what a corner is for.

of course a fighters gonna fight. that's why we have others charged with protecting them, and all of them (ref, corner, matchmaker) failed.
6/29/10 8:42 AM
CaptainWoody
235 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I was discussing this the night of the fights and numerous people thought she did a GREAT job. I couldn't believe it.

How the hell she even got that job is beyond me, I posted a vid of an smaller show where she stopped the fight as one guy was DEFENDING a RNC. He was pulling the arm down and she stopped it.
6/29/10 8:43 AM
The Elastic Assassin

CaptainWoody - I was discussing this the night of the fights and numerous people thought she did a GREAT job. I couldn't believe it.

How the hell she even got that job is beyond me, I posted a vid of an smaller show where she stopped the fight as one guy was DEFENDING a RNC. He was pulling the arm down and she stopped it.

fucking title 9 bullshit imo....
6/29/10 8:45 AM
The Elastic Assassin

homo sapient - "REGARDING THE REF of my fight. I thought she did a great job. I am glad she did not stop it earlier..."  - Jan Finney (Facebook)

Finney is fine

people need to stop crying, this sport is not for wimps

you are missing the point.....
6/29/10 8:47 AM
Poindexter
49 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

She did fine. 
6/29/10 8:48 AM
The Elastic Assassin

you can tell who has fought here and who hasn't.....
6/29/10 8:50 AM
FightPreview
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think the point is that a lot of men don't care to see women fighting or reffing and will take every chance to bash it. If this exact scenario played out in a men's fight with a male ref(which it has), there wouldn't be the uproar there is now.
6/29/10 8:52 AM
The Elastic Assassin

FightPreview - I think the point is that a lot of men don't care to see women fighting or reffing and will take every chance to bash it. If this exact scenario played out in a men's fight with a male ref(which it has), there wouldn't be the uproar there is now.

no i think the point is the referee has a responsibility and she did not live up to hers.....
6/29/10 8:57 AM
kungfugrip

if it was two guys fighting, 1/2 the forum would be bitching about an early stoppage. double standard
6/29/10 8:59 AM
The Elastic Assassin

kungfugrip - if it was two guys fighting, 1/2 the forum would be bitching about an early stoppage. double standard

...no that was a lopsided beating....
6/29/10 9:01 AM
TheBlazilian
83 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am far from sexist. I believe women should have a choice in what they cook me for dinner. (jk!!!)

All joking aside, when I saw that they had a female ref in for the WMMA bout, I could almost smell the need to prove something before the bell even rung. Poor cuddles got a mudhole stomped in her. You know it's bad when the commentators and the crowd are more or less begging for it to be stopped.

It was hilarious that she tried to act like she was proactive and on top of it by deducting a point from Cyborg (who quite possibly could be the most exciting person in MMA today) for strikes to the back of the head. When I saw her hop in me and everyone I was watching the fight with (2 girls included) were like "THANK YOU!!!" Then she deducts a point and lets the slaughter go on for another couple of minutes.

She screwed the pooch here. It honestly seemed like she was using the two fighters as a vehicle to prove that WMMA is just as brutal/entertaining as MMMA. There is no reason to fucking prove it. It's been proven. On top of that, don't use two other people who are putting their bodies on the line.

She's either suffering for an overwhelming feeling of inferiority or she's a dunce and doesn't deserve to be in the ring "protecting" the fighters.
6/29/10 9:02 AM
strykr619

kungfugrip - if it was two guys fighting, 1/2 the forum would be bitching about an early stoppage. double standard

Holding on to someones ankle and turtling up is not an intelligent defense. The ref fucked up simple as that. 
6/29/10 9:06 AM
Kostakio
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I didn't know Finney addressed the referee. This changes my stance on the situation. If she is fine with it and felt like she was okay (when I thought perhaps she wasn't), then that's all that matters.
6/29/10 9:07 AM
The Elastic Assassin

of course she "feels fine with it" what teh fuck is she supposed to say!?!?!?!?
6/29/10 9:09 AM
Kostakio
386 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

The Elastic Assassin - of course she "feels fine with it" what teh fuck is she supposed to say!?!?!?!?
The truth?

6/29/10 9:11 AM
The Elastic Assassin

so she's supposed to say "I was getting my ass beat why didn't the ref stop it?"...and that's going to get her how many more fights on the big stage?......come on....
6/29/10 9:12 AM
orcus

There weren't even any significant complaints when Nog, universally known as the toughest guy in the history of the sport, had his fight called against Mir for being dropped for the third time in two rounds.

Finney was dropped how many times in that fight? And this wasn't a longtime champion known in particular for her toughness. This was someone nearly everyone believed to be hopelessly outclassed before the fight even started.

Even aside from being obviously hurt by being dropped over and over, once dropped, Finney did not demonstrate "intelligent defense" as it is usually used. Most of the time she did nothing but turtle and eat a barrage of punches.
6/29/10 9:13 AM
Jason Franklin
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ITS a fucking fight! Let them fight. Sakuraba has come back from beatings like that and won. Everyone talks about his warrior spirit. Finney showed she is a warrior. If her corner would have thrown in the towel you guys would be complaining about that too.

Double standard.
6/29/10 9:15 AM
The Elastic Assassin

jan finney = sakuraba?......dude.....
[ 1 ] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.