UnderGround Forums

GolfGround >> Did I get a good deal, or ripped off on R7 Irons?

6/29/10 11:40 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
kung_pow
62 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I went to golfsmith today and saw a set of used taylormade r7 irons (4-9 + pw)for $157. The shafts looks straight, the grips were clearly used but felt better than my current set of clubs (14 year old Wilsons) and the club face was scuffed from use but did not seem any worse than my current set of clubs.

When I asked the sales guy at golfsmith why they were so cheap he said that they are priced according to their quality and that he couldn't tell me the exact criteria.

I ended up buying the clubs, but the attitude of the sales guy makes me wonder if I got ripped off. Can anyone tell me what I can do to check to see if I got a good deal, or if I should kick myself.
7/2/10 6:42 PM
cunit1210
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

check out this site bro. gives you trade values for clubs

http://www.golfgalaxy.com/galaxy/dept.asp?dept_id=201
4/17/14 7:05 PM
Submissable
320 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

hmmmmm saw some today at golfsmith as well. I thought about picking them up. They were $160 for a 3-PW. They looked like they werent used much (not much wear on the face) and they were a little dirty, but thats it.

Any thoughts?
8/24/14 11:32 PM
Marion Cobretti
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Black Belt, Palm Beach, FL

i paid 1050 for my new irons and wedges all in.. titleist ap2 3-pw.. and titleist sm5 50, 54, 58.. I got them through a buddy who is a golf pro at cost.. 

sold my mp33 on ebay for 200.. used but rifle shafts and new tour velvet cord grips.. faces were worn.. at the very least the shafts and grips were worth that without the heads.. 

so if you paid less than 200 for a set of clubs you got a good deal...  buy some new grips.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.