UnderGround Forums

Cigars, Beer & Poker Ground >> RAILBIRD ME! ONLY 529 more people to go!!!

7/1/10 1:55 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
andre
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Should be over quick!!

lol...Full Tilt.
7/4/10 2:58 PM
VectorWega
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

*crickets*
7/4/10 4:50 PM
andre
448 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Exactly. I was kidding, of course.
7/5/10 1:50 AM
VectorWega
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Could have been one of those world record tournaments.  Top 529 is pretty good out of 150,000 players (errr..pretty lucky).
7/5/10 3:19 AM
andre

:)

It was only 1600 people. I am not sure when I ended up going out, but I recently noticed a pattern I need to break.

I can honestly say, without any exaggeration, that I am really good, maybe even excellent (if I want to exaggerate a bit), at building up a significant chipstack and all but guaranteeing a finish in the cash in almost every tournament I sit down and take seriously (live or online). In fact, I am often in the top 20 halfway through tournaments that have 500-1000 people. It's weird, but the progression up the ladder is my strong point. I play tight and aggressive and I have a good read on when to steal and when to fold marginally strong hands.

But once I build a large stack and I find myself at or near the top, I blow up. I dont know why. I either try too hard to protect my stack, or I become overly confident and start making plays that I never would make on the way up.

This weekend I played in a live shootout tournament here in L.A. for a WSOP main event seat. 10 tables. $120 buy in. You beat your table, then you beat the final table and you get the seat. I was the chip leader at my table, knocked out several players (including Jose Canseco), and ended up heads up with a weak but aggressive player. I had him covered, but not by much, and he had survived several all ins with the worst of it.

I went completely card dead, and he was super aggressive, raising every time he was the small blind and raising me if I completed the small blind or reraising me if I raised from the SB. I simply did not have the cards to play the pots he was creating. My best hand was a J-6. Really. Actually, I did ended up with KK and AQ, but as if he could see my cards, those were a couple of the very few hands in which he folded preflop before I had the chance to act.

I bought in again after losing heads up and AGAIN made it heads up. This time I was the small stack and I simply could not overcome the deficit.
7/5/10 1:36 PM
billid
190 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

winners tilt.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.