UnderGround Forums

JKD UnderGround >> Is Leban training with Burton Richardson?

7/4/10 11:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Zwingli
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I guess he must be. Congrat's to Leban and to Burton getting a chance to showcase his coaching skills.
7/6/10 12:58 AM
Calbert

I think so. There are pics on facebook of Leben training at Burton's gym and Burton was in his corner at the fight.
7/6/10 3:29 AM
Burton
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JKDU--MMA For The Street, BJJ, Kali, President
I started helping Chris about two years ago, and I have been his head coach for about a year. He is a true martial artist, always looking to improve every aspect of his game and his life. Despite his looks, he is very kind-hearted, and extremely intelligent.
7/6/10 11:58 AM
Zwingli

Awesome. I've always had a lot of respect for you as a martial artist  and as a person. Hopefully you can help Chris right to the top.
7/7/10 1:46 PM
ausgepicht

Yeah, I was pumped to see you in the corner (as was my brother who used to train with you). However, we both thought you better start eating some meat, you're withering away! j/k

7/7/10 3:38 PM
Burton
6 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ausgepicht - Yeah, I was pumped to see you in the corner (as was my brother who used to train with you). However, we both thought you better start eating some meat, you're withering away! j/k

When Chris cuts weight, I cut weight to give him moral support. Plus, my shirt was too big and the sun was in my eyes. How are those excuses? :)

7/8/10 11:21 AM
ausgepicht

LOL....good excuses.

Mike says "hi and all the best". He was training with you a few years back when he was stationed there in the Air Force. He did some help with Barret in preparing for one of his fights. I believe you and your wives even had dinner together on one occasion IIRC.

7/9/10 7:47 PM
Burton

Yes, how is Mike doing? It was great to have him class- a hard worker who was detail-oriented. Please give him my best.
10/17/10 11:48 PM
Greg Southworth

Great work Burton! Bryan O'Rourke (Terry Gibson and National Lampoon writer from post fight press conf) Phone Post
10/19/10 12:53 AM
Burton

Hey Bryan,
It was great talking with you after the fight. Will you be there at UFC 125 on Jan. 1st?
10/19/10 8:35 AM
Greg Southworth

I'm overwhelmed with work in Tulsa right now. My next event will be TUF 13 tryouts on Nov. 4 in Vegas, and covering the Super 6 boxing fights Nov. 6 in Vegas right after. I have one of my 170lb fighters trying out, Levi 'The Marine' Avera. He's got a pretty good shot at making it. Is Chris fighting on the NYE card? Phone Post
10/23/10 2:10 PM
PTM2020
1004 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

awe man....

burton please tell me chris is gonna be alright.   he was really on such a great roll I was becoming a true fan because of how he was turning it all around.  still wish him the best.
10/25/10 8:52 AM
ToughNoob

I was always interested in checking out one of your JKD classes but was too nervous to actually do it. Almost two years later, I think I might actually give it a go! Phone Post
10/26/10 7:58 PM
Burton

PTM, disappointing, but he is okay.

ToughNoob, you will be surprised at how fun class is. We start everyone very light and then increase intensity only when they are ready and if they want to. Come in and have some fun.
10/27/10 3:08 PM
jcblass

"Despite his looks"...ouch!

Good luck to you both!
1/2/11 5:57 PM
Pikey0303

Chris Leben is is 1 of my favourite fighters , big respect to him, hel be back stronger than ever !!! Phone Post
1/4/11 9:48 AM
John Frankl
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Chris looked very game and ready. His opponent put it well--they were both throwing hard, and either one could have gone down.

Beyond that, Burton, I will be in Honolulu for a conference late March/early April. What is the best way to contact you? It would be proper finally to apologize in person, and (I hope) to get in some good training.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.