UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> The UG thinks they know who can beat Lesnar...

7/5/10 12:21 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
DannyOcean
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/05/10 12:21 PM

BROCK WAS EXPOSED!!!!

they cry

BROCK IS A MYTH!!!! HE'LL GET CRUSHED VS...

versus who? please tell me, since brock was exposed.

Versus Shane Carwin? He took everything Carwin had and submitted him in the second round. Game over.

YEAH WELL WHAT IF CARWIN HAD CARDIO THEN LESNAR WOULD BE DEAD!!

If that man existed, he'd beat Brock. Guess what? He doesn't exist. Carwin doesn't have cardio because he's 285 pounds and his biceps are like cartoonish balloons. There isn't a single fighter in the world like Carwin who has cardio.

YEAH WHAT ABOUT FEDOR HOMEY! FEDOR WOULD KILL BROCK WITH HIS GNP!!!!

Fedor isn't Carwin. Carwin, for at least the first round, actually hits harder than Fedor. And Carwin can wrestle. Fedor wouldn't get a chance to hurt Brock because he wouldn't have stopped that first shot that Brock took like Shane did. Fedor would be on his back.

WHATEVER DUDE. CAIN VELAZQUEZ IS GOING TO MURDER BROCK! HE CAN WRESTLE!

Wrong again moron. Cain doesn't have anywhere close to Carwin's power, and his GNP is weaker as well. Cain might not even have an advantage standing, he looked just as bad as Lesnar on the feet when he fought Kongo.

OH YEAH WELL WHAT ABOUT OVEREEM/WERDUM/DOS SANTOS/ETC!!!

Guess what haters? You can sit around and try to guess who will beat Brock. I will admit this:

If there was a fighter who can stop Brock Lesnar's takedowns, and has incredibly, amazingly powerful striking, and who has really good cardio, that fighter would beat Brock.

Guess what? That fighter doesn't exist. There is no fighter who has all three. Brock just took nearly a full round of punishment from the hardest hitting man in MMA. Nobody on planet earth has ever withstood a full Shane Carwin Beast-Man-Beatdown, but Lesnar just did. And then Carwin gassed out and the fight was over.

get over it haters. 
7/5/10 12:34 PM
Chill__Owl
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

7/5/10 12:37 PM
DannyOcean
25 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

i'm not gonna lie. i have no idea what that is or what it means.
7/5/10 12:37 PM
MMc AA
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Hahahahahaha amazing first reply!
7/5/10 12:52 PM
MMAtador

Lesnar is a rookie champion who hasnt fought enough to be considered the best fighter on the planet only a ex WWE weirdo would feel that way. another 20 fights and 17 wins and i might consider Lesnar the best but for now hes just a famous wrestler who got a title shot way earlier than most people would. the guy you are looking for is Cain Velasquez but i wont debate it b/c clearly you dont want to hear it since your conviced Lesnar is unstoppable. Cain will prove himself and now that he got a first hand look at how to beat Lesnar he will do what Carwin didnt. Cain is not a guy who will get gassed and since this is "mixed" martial arts and not Wrestling i will go with the more skilled athlete and that is Cain. hes not the only one hell i think several other heavyweights in the UFC will give him a good fight but unfortunately he doesnt fight much.
7/5/10 12:53 PM
Loadin76
1057 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

jesus even if I had an arguement with the OPs thoughts, all of them were just killed by that gif... my mind went blank after seeing that lol
7/5/10 12:54 PM
awilson82
178 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

JDS or Reem will stuf the TD and KO Brock.
7/5/10 12:54 PM
FightScientist

Not sure who will beat him, but it was very obvious that he does not like being hit. He really looked like a guy who had never been hit.
7/5/10 12:57 PM
DannyOcean

FightScientist -  Not sure who will beat him, but it was very obvious that he does not like being hit. He really looked like a guy who had never been hit.

Yeah, Frank Mir and Randy Couture didn't hit him at all. Those guys never connected on him

You notice that not many fighters like getting hit by Carwin? In fact, nobody's ever been hit by him and survived before this weekend.

Maybe instead of calling Brock weak you should give Carwin some credit.
7/5/10 12:59 PM
Greystoke

Lesnar is indeed a beast who is still learning getting better with each fight.

HOWEVER, Cain's combination of superior boxing, great wrestling, and ridiculous cardio will overwhelm brock.

Cain by late TKO or Unanimous decision
7/5/10 1:00 PM
Loadin76
1057 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I am starting to get tired of the "Oh he will beat him" threads.. I thought Shane was the guy and as much of a fight Shane gave him, it wasn't enough. I think the only way we are going to find out who could beat him is watching the fights when they happen and wait for the ref to stop it or the judge to give the decision. I didn't think Werdum had a shot at Fedor and we see how that went.
CryLikeAGirl
128 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He doesn't like to get hit, like most people. I mean really, who would like to get hit by Carwin? Fucking idiots.
DannyOcean

MMAtador - Lesnar is a rookie champion who hasnt fought enough to be considered the best fighter on the planet only a ex WWE weirdo would feel that way. another 20 fights and 17 wins and i might consider Lesnar the best but for now hes just a famous wrestler who got a title shot way earlier than most people would. the guy you are looking for is Cain Velasquez but i wont debate it b/c clearly you dont want to hear it since your conviced Lesnar is unstoppable. Cain will prove himself and now that he got a first hand look at how to beat Lesnar he will do what Carwin didnt. Cain is not a guy who will get gassed and since this is "mixed" martial arts and not Wrestling i will go with the more skilled athlete and that is Cain. hes not the only one hell i think several other heavyweights in the UFC will give him a good fight but unfortunately he doesnt fight much.

I don't think he's unstoppable. cain might win, but he's a clear underdog.

You are simply blinded with hate. your stupid non-sequiturs about pro-wrestling give away your hate. When did anyone mention anything about pro wrestling? Nobody but you brought it up. You're blinded by hate and you can't see that Brock is a legit mixed martial artist. He's submitted top ten fighters, he's GNP'd top ten fighters, he's knocked down top ten fighters standing. Give up your hate.
7/5/10 1:05 PM
Loadin76

Brock could go on a 20 fight win streak(hypothetically) and the minute he loses some asshat will say "see I told you that wrasslin' freak was a nobody". No matter how good he does, no matter how much he improves, no matter how far he goes the asshats will never approve of him.
7/5/10 1:06 PM
Uncle Justice
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Just some thoughts:

"YEAH WHAT ABOUT FEDOR HOMEY! FEDOR WOULD KILL BROCK WITH HIS GNP!!!!

Fedor isn't Carwin. Carwin, for at least the first round, actually hits harder than Fedor. And Carwin can wrestle. Fedor wouldn't get a chance to hurt Brock because he wouldn't have stopped that first shot that Brock took like Shane did. Fedor would be on his back."

Fedor is arguably more dangerous off his back then he is standing.  Just sayin'. 

"WHATEVER DUDE. CAIN VELAZQUEZ IS GOING TO MURDER BROCK! HE CAN WRESTLE!

Wrong again moron. Cain doesn't have anywhere close to Carwin's power, and his GNP is weaker as well. Cain might not even have an advantage standing, he looked just as bad as Lesnar on the feet when he fought Kongo."

Of course Cain doesn't have Carwin's power with GnP, but he's obviously got power standing, and there's a lot to be said for someone who can methodically maintain position and flurry with GnP for 3 straight rounds.  So what he lacks in power compared to Carwin's GnP, he more than makes up for with consistently frenetic pressure.  As far as his standup, there are few heavyweights who have shown the type of dynamic stand up (fast high kicks, good footwork/balance, scary punching combinations) he has, and even fewer who are wrestlers by nature.

If there was a fighter who can stop Brock Lesnar's takedowns, and has incredibly, amazingly powerful striking, and who has really good cardio, that fighter would beat Brock.

Guess what? That fighter doesn't exist.

Really though, you could argue that Nogueira's sub skills alone would be a big test (which are not the same as Mir's).  Again, just sayin.  You don't have to beat Brock at everything he's good at to beat him. 

For example, the combination of decent takedown defense and great striking (like Cain has) might be enough.  Or a submission fighter with great defense (like Werdum) who won't eat GnP when going for subs like Mir and Nog.  Brock hasn't even fought a talented striker yet, so for all we know, Overeem could use good movement and tag him from outside.  The fact remains that he's only got 6 fights and he's the most inexperienced top HW the sport has seen.

After UFC 116, I consider Brock a mixed martial artist now, both for his performance, and for thanking his team and family.  My respect for him went through the roof, and this post is not from a "Brock hater".
7/5/10 1:10 PM
canuck34
55 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Props to Brock for winning but it is A LOT easier to improve you cardio than it is to improve your skill as a striker and mixed martial artist.

Carwin will win a few fights then win a rematch.

I think it is amazing that Brock came back from that beating, but he also showed just how terrible his standup is and that his takedowns really aren't that great against wrestlers with good credentials.
7/5/10 1:15 PM
Lite
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't think anyone beats Brock. Too good for being so big. But that doesn't mean he's a great fighter. It just reinforces the tremendous skill gap that exists between what happens in the lighter weight classes and the quasi-freakshow that is the heavyweight picture.

But it's the same thing with boxing. Does anybody really care about the heavyweights?
7/5/10 1:16 PM
DannyOcean

Uncle Justice -  Just some thoughts:

"YEAH WHAT ABOUT FEDOR HOMEY! FEDOR WOULD KILL BROCK WITH HIS GNP!!!!

Fedor isn't Carwin. Carwin, for at least the first round, actually hits harder than Fedor. And Carwin can wrestle. Fedor wouldn't get a chance to hurt Brock because he wouldn't have stopped that first shot that Brock took like Shane did. Fedor would be on his back."

Fedor is arguably more dangerous off his back then he is standing.  Just sayin'. 

"WHATEVER DUDE. CAIN VELAZQUEZ IS GOING TO MURDER BROCK! HE CAN WRESTLE!

Wrong again moron. Cain doesn't have anywhere close to Carwin's power, and his GNP is weaker as well. Cain might not even have an advantage standing, he looked just as bad as Lesnar on the feet when he fought Kongo."

Of course Cain doesn't have Carwin's power with GnP, but he's obviously got power standing, and there's a lot to be said for someone who can methodically maintain position and flurry with GnP for 3 straight rounds.  So what he lacks in power compared to Carwin's GnP, he more than makes up for with consistently frenetic pressure.  As far as his standup, there are few heavyweights who have shown the type of dynamic stand up (fast high kicks, good footwork/balance, scary punching combinations) he has, and even fewer who are wrestlers by nature.

Guess what? That fighter doesn't exist.

Really though, you could argue that Nogueira's sub skills alone would be a big test (which are not the same as Mir's).  Again, just sayin.  You don't have to beat Brock at everything he's good at to beat him. 

For example, the combination of decent takedown defense and great striking (like Cain has) might be enough.  Or a submission fighter with great defense (like Werdum) who won't eat GnP when going for subs like Mir and Nog.  Brock hasn't even fought a talented striker yet, so for all we know, Overeem could use good movement and tag him from outside.  The fact remains that he's only got 6 fights and he's the most inexperienced top HW the sport has seen.

After UFC 116, I consider Brock a mixed martial artist now, both for his performance, and for thanking his team and family.  My respect for him went through the roof, and this post is not from a "Brock hater".

I don't mind a rational post like this. I don't think Brock is an unbeatable monster, but he deserves respect. He's the man at the moment and there's a clear segment of bitter MMA fans who won't admit that and just trash him constantly.
7/5/10 1:18 PM
Uncle Justice
73 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

canuck34 - Props to Brock for winning but it is A LOT easier to improve you cardio than it is to improve your skill as a striker and mixed martial artist.

Carwin will win a few fights then win a rematch.

I think it is amazing that Brock came back from that beating, but he also showed just how terrible his standup is and that his takedowns really aren't that great against wrestlers with good credentials.

Again, just sayin:

It was a lot more than Carwin's lack of cardio that won Brock the fight.  He showed heart, determination, good recovery, and he set up the 2nd Rd takedown beautifully with a punch.  He also used basic BJJ to pass Carwin's guard, and finished with a sub.

For a wreslter with 6 fights, that's pretty good.

Also, who are the other HW wrestlers with good credentials?  There are very few big HW's with the overall MMA talent that Shane and Brock have.  It's not like there's a big list of highly credentialed HW wrestlers waiting in line.

7/5/10 1:22 PM
orcus

Props to Brock for winning but it is A LOT easier to improve you cardio than it is to improve your skill as a striker and mixed martial artist.

Yeah, just look at all those guys who've lost repeatedly due to cardio and turned it around and become cardio machines. Baroni, Coleman...
7/5/10 1:25 PM
kingsama

I think the scariest thing about brock is that he is so green and is still beating very good heavies. Every time he fights he shows a good measure of improvement as he is killing himself to get better. Imagine the beast he can become if he continues to get better in the coming yrs...
7/5/10 1:25 PM
MMAtador

I don't think he's unstoppable. cain might win, but he's a clear underdog.

You are simply blinded with hate. your stupid non-sequiturs about pro-wrestling give away your hate. When did anyone mention anything about pro wrestling? Nobody but you brought it up. You're blinded by hate and you can't see that Brock is a legit mixed martial artist. He's submitted top ten fighters, he's GNP'd top ten fighters, he's knocked down top ten fighters standing. Give up your hate.

Sorry but beating a undersized Frank Mir on the second opportunity (after a embarrassing toe twisting submission) did not impress me. beating a banged up Herring who wasnt fighting well going into his fight with Lesnar and hasnt fought since didnt impress me. beating a undersized and over the hill Couture sorry didnt impress me. the Carwin submission did impress me and i am now a semi fan of his but i wont completely be a fan until like i said he fights a lot more. it has nothing to do with his WWE background and more to do with him being a 32 year old rookie with 6 or 7 total fights under his belt. means nothing until he fights some more opponents..........
7/5/10 1:46 PM
DannyOcean

Edited: 07/05/10 1:47 PM
[quote]MMAtador - Sorry but beating a undersized Frank Mir on the second opportunity (after a embarrassing toe twisting submission) did not impress me. beating a banged up Herring who wasnt fighting well going into his fight with Lesnar and hasnt fought since didnt impress me. beating a undersized and over the hill Couture sorry didnt impress me. the Carwin submission did impress me and i am now a semi fan of his but i wont completely be a fan until like i said he fights a lot more. it has nothing to do with his WWE background and more to do with him being a 32 year old rookie with 6 or 7 total fights under his belt. means nothing until he fights some more opponents.......... [/quote] 

you are so blinded by hate it's not even funny.  Every win Brock has ever had you want to discount.  Beating Mir, Herring, Couture, isn't impressive.  Continue to whine after he beats Carwin.   whine some more, it's all you seem to be good at. 
7/5/10 1:50 PM
DannyOcean

Edited: 07/05/10 1:50 PM
Also, the 'undersized' Frank Mir weighed in at 245 and ripped against Lesnar the second time. Larger than Big Nog, Fedor, Cain, JDS or Couture. Nice try attempting to find an excuse though.
7/7/10 4:52 AM
MMAtador

quote]
 Again, just sayin:

It was a lot more than Carwin's lack of cardio that won Brock the fight.  He showed heart, determination, good recovery, and he set up the 2nd Rd takedown beautifully with a punch.  He also used basic BJJ to pass Carwin's guard, and finished with a sub.

For a wreslter with 6 fights, that's pretty good.

Also, who are the other HW wrestlers with good credentials?  There are very few big HW's with the overall MMA talent that Shane and Brock have.  It's not like there's a big list of highly credentialed HW wrestlers waiting in line.
<br type="_moz" />

Not to take anything away from Brock and kudos to him for being able to still stand in the upright position after round 1 proving that he does have a chin. but he did submit a guy who couldnt move his legs and couldnt raise his arms above his chest. its not like they were on the ground battling for position for a few minutes and then Brock slipt in for the kill. submission of the night it wasnt and it was hilarious when they gave it to him. hell half the fighters on this site could have finished Carwin at the beginning of round 2 he had zero, nothing, nada, ziltch left in the tank. i truly believe Lesnar could have picked any move in the book to finish Carwin off at that moment.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.