UnderGround Forums

Weapons UnderGround >> Norinco 1911 frame double stack 9mm

7/5/10 2:11 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Kai Tremeche
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I know you guys can't get these in the states, but I've been hearing a lot of good things about the Norinco 1911 frame pistols.

http://www.firearmstraining.ca/np28.html

Anyone have any experience with them?
7/7/10 3:16 PM
Skpotamus
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/07/10 3:16 PM
After Norinco screwed the pooch with the under the table arms dealing, not a lot of love for them in the US at all.

I think it'd be a good gun, but in the US you'd be better off with a Para Ordninance, and probably better off altogether with a para IMHO. If you get a para with problems, they'll fix it, if you get a norinco with problems, YOU get to fix it.

YMMV
7/7/10 3:41 PM
Kai Tremeche

SKP: I'm up in Canada now, so I can pick one of these up and I have a good gunsmith on hand (life is weird like that).

I didn't know that Para made 9mm 1911s!
7/7/10 4:51 PM
Skpotamus
28 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kai: Oh yeah, the local USPSA race gunners love em! They make a whole line from full size double stack (18 round mags factory, but they can fit a 24 round mag in the Go/No Go box) to 6 shot compact carry.

http://www.para-usa.com/new/product_pistol.php?id=10

I think the para would prob be a better gun, but it costs a lot more $$$. If the norinco is cheap, I'd probably get one just to play with and see how it goes.

BTW, oddly enough, Para's are made in canada, so they might be a bit cheaper there too.
7/7/10 6:46 PM
Kai Tremeche

Skp: Nice, I never knew they made double stack 1911 9mm.

Not that I can actually HAVE something with more than 10+1, my FIL has a prohib, but he was grandfathered in, they ain't giving anymore.
7/7/10 6:59 PM
Kai Tremeche

Also, if they are using them for race guns, that means they must have cleared up the feed issues Para used to have.

Dang, Do-want.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.