UnderGround Forums

Indiana Underground >> James Toney or Randy Couture

7/6/10 6:32 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
JimmyNichols
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm picking Toney for the upset. I know how good Randy is but I don't know if his Chin can take a punch from this man. As much as I would like to see Randy win this fight I just don't think it is going to happen.
7/6/10 7:12 PM
Tyler Knight

Randy wins. He's not stupid, he knows that even missing with a jab could open him up for doom unless it's to set up a takedown right away, so you will not see Randy trading with Toney. There is nothing Randy can show James on the feet that James will respect or hasn't seen before besides kicks. I expect a clinch right away, which is still by no means safe.

Other posters that compare James Toney to Art Jimmerson or typical TMA fighter are uninformed. People throw this adjectives around and diminishes its value, so when I say James Toney (in his prime) was "gifted" the word doesn't do him justice. He's really hard to hit. He makes people miss, and the fight is over. 

Randy is a strategist who can put ego aside. He watches tape, and his wrestling will be what wins him the fight.
7/6/10 11:30 PM
JimmyNichols

There is know doubt in my mind that Randy is in better conditioning and the better martial artists. If this was ten years ago I would say that even Toney in his prime doesn't have a punchers chance. However, with the weight difference and Toney's ability to take shots. I really don't see Couture ending this fight (maybe by sub). The more chances Toney has on his feet the more chances he has to punch Couture weathered chin. I believe it will only take Toney 1 punch and Couture will be ether out cold or trying to recover. I have a feeling its going to end up like the Liddell/Franklin fight.

Fortunately, when Toney wins he will want to fight again. That's when they put someone with a better chin in there and Toney's only offense is out the window, and his ass is going to get beat.
7/6/10 11:30 PM
JimmyNichols

There is know doubt in my mind that Randy is in better conditioning and the better martial artists. If this was ten years ago I would say that even Toney in his prime doesn't have a punchers chance. However, with the weight difference and Toney's ability to take shots. I really don't see Couture ending this fight (maybe by sub). The more chances Toney has on his feet the more chances he has to punch Couture weathered chin. I believe it will only take Toney 1 punch and Couture will be ether out cold or trying to recover. I have a feeling its going to end up like the Liddell/Franklin fight.

Fortunately, when Toney wins he will want to fight again. That's when they put someone with a better chin in there and Toney's only offense is out the window, and his ass is going to get beat.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.