UnderGround Forums

Kickboxing UnderGround >> Places to train

7/6/10 9:27 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
MarcG
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Are there any muay thai schools preferably on the Northeast that offer training camps or drop in fees to get some top level training in? I have been looking around but have been having little to no luck. Also are there any seminars coming up on the Northeast with top strikers. Anyone with info on how to find any of this would be greatly appreciated.
7/7/10 5:35 PM
Khun Kao
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Would you consider the DC area to be in the Northeast?
7/8/10 9:57 PM
MarcG

It would not be out of reach for me Knun Kao. This is something I am trying to plan 6-12 months in advance. I have been getting more serious with my training and have been interested in finding a good gym that has accommodations for athletes wishing to stay there and train for a duration of time. If you know of any ideas I would love to hear them and look into it if I could ever make the trip work out.
7/9/10 9:58 AM
Khun Kao
575 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ah... one with accomodations. I can check around. I'm not sure if any of the local gyms provide those kind of facilities. They may be able to help you locate a place to stay for a reasonable fee, though. I'll ask around about that....

My thought process is basically that many of the local Muay Thai gyms would be able to accomodate your desire for professional style training. Heck, thats true of most Muay Thai gyms period, not just the local ones. What you might want to do is just get good recommendations for gyms in the areas you'd be willing to travel to, then start contacting the individual gyms to see if they are able to assist you in locating a place to stay while you are in town training.
8/2/10 12:43 PM
mrclean226

Marc G I hope your search is going well. I know there is world class Muay Thai at a place in  Manhattan. Coban is teaching there. I'm sure you are familiar but Coban is a former Five Time World Champion. The place is great and really well organized. Everyone I have spoken to said that his training is in a category all to itself. If you are willing to travel there I would check it out. They have a website as well. www.nyjiujitsu.com Hope this helps.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.