UnderGround Forums

JKD UnderGround >> obscure Asian martial arts

7/7/10 6:51 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
Lord Kancho
21 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I've been going through this guy's channel and finding some really interesting stuff. It's sort of like Human Weapon and Fight Quest as this guy studies forms of Muay Thai, Silat, FMA etc. that we've never really heard of in the western world.

Really interesting stuff, especially some of the kicks in Muay Thai Chaiya. some REALLY short range kicks.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=brooklynmonk1#g/u
5/19/11 3:41 PM
jrrrrr
80 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

for later
5/20/11 5:16 AM
Missing Glove Tape
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Dude seems like a bit of a dork, but he definitely gets around. He writes for blackbelt magazine, speaks a shitload of languages, and I just saw him on the travel channel the other day doing a bit for Fairtex with Samantha Brown.

The stuff he did on Khmer wrestling was way cool. Really brought you into the style, their culture, and how its starting to funnel athletes into international wrestling.
6/28/11 7:37 PM
domernd1
20 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Ttt Phone Post
6/28/11 8:02 PM
CALI NATIVE

Again, I LOL'd!!
6/29/11 4:51 PM
Jaggernautico

Graceffo is ok, more of a talk show host than serious martial artist. But his stuff is interesting even if his persona is not.

The best high level practitioner/researcher for this type of thing is vincent giordano if you join up his vanishing flame underground email newsletter you can get a deeper glimpse from a person who trained around the world for like two decades and continues to do so. he is the real deal, no youtube adverts or stuff like that though
8/14/11 1:28 PM
WidespreadPanic

One obscure CMA style I saw the spend a lot of time kicking the dirt. Supposedly adds ability to do 'jarring' kicks.

8/14/11 1:33 PM
WidespreadPanic

Edited: 08/14/11 1:33 PM

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.