UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Ricco vs Gegard Mousasi

7/9/10 5:17 AM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
spliff
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

As some of u already know Jake is having trouble making weight so Ricco may get to fight Gegard. http://twitter.com/riccorodriguez "Now they want me to fight Gerad M at 205!!!"
If this is true I'm pretty excited for this card.
7/9/10 5:20 AM
war wand
32 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

holy fuck that's awesome
7/9/10 5:23 AM
Tapiyama
29 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

how much does Ricco weigh right now?
7/9/10 5:30 AM
spliff
70 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm guessing around 215-220
7/9/10 5:31 AM
JOB
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I think Mousasi will beat him, but it will be interesting to see how it played out.
7/9/10 5:33 AM
KissMisery
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

WOW.

That would be a SICK fight.

Honestly, it would be a 50 50 fight.

Too dangerous for Moose-sassy. Don't think he'll take it UNLESS they up his pay.
7/9/10 5:34 AM
bpw
3 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

wow ricco has the tools to take this fight. would be a big win.
7/9/10 5:54 AM
spliff

http://www.mmafighting.com/2010/07/09/jake-obrien-possibly-out-against-mousasi-ricco-rodriguez-in/

"My goal now is to not be in the heavyweight division much longer and to make the cut to 205. Right now, [my weight] is at 230 because I thought I was fighting Overeem so I was bulking up but my walking around weight is around 220. If they told me to fight Gegard, I would have fought him but because I was fighting Overeem I was bulking back up."
7/9/10 6:36 AM
MikeyA518

What kind of money are they paying guys like Aoki, Mousasi, and Rico?  Anyone have an idea?
7/9/10 6:51 AM
JOB
119 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Aoki loads, Mousasi a decent amount - Ricco - probably hardly nothing.
7/9/10 7:45 AM
MolsonMuscles
35 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

If somebody had told me 3 years ago that Ricco Rodriguez would be fighting at 205 I'd have told them to fuck off and stop trolling.

Unbelievable.
7/9/10 7:50 AM
caposa
1416 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

arent they fighting in less than 24 hours?.. DREAM is tonight at 3 am EST
7/9/10 7:58 AM
ricksongjj

ttt
7/9/10 8:08 AM
sly fox
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Edited: 07/09/10 8:08 AM
Mousasis a better fight for him than overeem... but i think M would take it 

205s a much better weight class for ricco, considering that there are now much more athletic BIG HWs
7/9/10 8:09 AM
thefightingsheep
9 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Mousasi is definitely solid, but I wouldn't want to fight a Ricco that is in shape to make 200 pounds.
7/9/10 8:20 AM
ajsr
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tapiyama -  how much does Ricco weigh right now?

He said he is at 230 in a Sherdog interview today.
7/9/10 9:25 AM
NHBDaddy
53 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

amazing to see Ricco hitting 205. Hope he does well, hated seeing him waste that talent
7/9/10 9:33 AM
LambertCFMMA
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Kind of shocked we're not getting Ricco vs. Minowaman. I know Ricco isn't a freak show fighter but it just seems like something DREAM would do on short notice.
7/9/10 10:36 AM
HOLLYWOOD-MO

LambertCFMMA - Kind of shocked we're not getting Ricco vs. Minowaman. I know Ricco isn't a freak show fighter but it just seems like something DREAM would do on short notice.

From what I understand Ricco wants to legitimately give it another go at mma. Dream would never jeopardize Minowaman with a legitimate non-worked fight. So it would be useless for Ricco.
7/9/10 10:56 AM
orcus

ajsr - 

Huh? So because Jake O Brien is having trouble making 205 several days out, the replacement choice is a guy who is 230 two days out?
7/9/10 10:58 AM
OmegaPoon
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't get it, someone is having trouble making 205, so they replace him with a heavyweight?
7/9/10 11:16 AM
thforklift
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

OmegaPoon -  I don't get it, someone is having trouble making 205, so they replace him with a heavyweight?

Not a bad point, but Ricco is much closer to a LHW at this point than Jake apparently. 
7/9/10 11:22 AM
Cyril Jeff
188 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

PLEASE LET THIS FIGHT HAPPEN!!!
7/9/10 11:24 AM
ajsr
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

orcus - 
ajsr - 

Huh? So because Jake O Brien is having trouble making 205 several days out, the replacement choice is a guy who is 230 two days out?

"Sherdog.com: If O'Brien doesn't make weight, do you fight Mousasi? Or if Mousasi doesn't accept, do you fight O'Brien at heavyweight? Which is it?

Rodriguez: Listen, the only thing that would suck is that if I were to fight Gegard, I'd have to cut the weight now and I might not make it. And if I fight Jake, then, you know, I'm prepared to fight anyone. I'm waiting for this opportunity. I came here to fight for Dream, for the Japanese fans, I'm prepared. My goal right now is to be in the best physical shape of my life right now. Like I said, I'm just waiting, for this opportunity, as much as possible.

Sherdog.com: What are you weighing at right this moment?

Rodriguez: Right now I'm walking around at 230 and I'm usually fighting my opponents at 215 or a catch-weight of 220. But you know, if heavyweight is where it's going to be, that's where I'll go. But my goal is to eventually get down to 205. I'm just waiting for an organization to pay me decently to get down to that weight to fight. "

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.