UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Kendall Grove Speaks On Retirement

7/12/10 3:14 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
KalinJohnston
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Eva Hamed from TheGarv.com caught up with Kendall Grove yesterday to talk about his upcoming retirement and him having to deal with being a recent single father.  Check it out here:

thegarv.com/KENDALL-GROVE-ON-SPIKE-TV-DEBACLE-RETIRING-TO-TEACH-AND-PERSONAL-TURMOIL-PRECEDING-UFC-116-WIN.html

7/12/10 3:20 PM
KalinJohnston
47 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Stryker89 - 
wow sucks big time. guy always put on a good show/

At least we still have two or three more years left out of him. Still, the fact that he is 27 and has already planned his retirement is disappointing.
7/12/10 3:21 PM
voorhees
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

That is the dumbest looking picture I have ever seen.

Its like they didnt even try.
7/12/10 3:32 PM
HappyTapping

Thank God
7/12/10 3:36 PM
BJJkilla
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

retiring so soon? his gym in maui must be doing well.
7/12/10 3:39 PM
GaymidaGaydan
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

What exactly did he say about spike tv?
7/12/10 3:53 PM
Crazy Zimmerman
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GaymidaGaydan - What exactly did he say about spike tv?

Said he put his foot in his mouth..
7/12/10 4:01 PM
thforklift
5 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

He's not retiring. He said he wants to in 3 years. It was just a way to tease, similar to Crooklyn with Tapout radio. 
7/12/10 4:09 PM
alvo69
11 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

At least he's got his priorities right with his daughter. BIG props and best of luck to Kendall.
7/12/10 4:11 PM
GaymidaGaydan
132 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Crazy Zimmerman - 
GaymidaGaydan - What exactly did he say about spike tv?

Said he put his foot in his mouth..

ORIGINALLY YOU ASSHOEL!
7/12/10 4:12 PM
GaymidaGaydan

I read the article....

What was the quote that got him in trouble!
7/12/10 4:13 PM
jjj2121

That article is written like Mike Goldberg speaks.
7/12/10 4:17 PM
Crazy Zimmerman
153 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GaymidaGaydan - I read the article....

“Spike TV pretty much runs everything on The Ultimate Fighter. They could be sub-leasing the UFC name, but I’m sure Dana and the UFC are getting a nice little pay check from Spike but other than that, Spike runs the thing. Dana doesn’t choose who’s going to be on the show, it’s Spike executives. Even when I was on there in the earlier seasons, they were picking a couple guys with funny personalities. I’m pretty sure I got on there not because of my good looks, but because I had a pretty good personality. Everything is ratings to these guys. Just like that season where they shot [expletive] inside the fruit…people do that stuff. Why? Because of ratings. Is it a health violation? Yeah, but did you see the Spike TV people stop that from happening? It sells ratings and that’s all they care about. They could give two [expletives] about our career. They just care about the six-weeks that they’re shooting and get as much drama and stupidity out of us. That’s all we are to them is cattle and sheep. They way they run things, they’re slowly controlling us to be like that.”
7/12/10 4:17 PM
Crazy Zimmerman

jjj2121 - That article is written like Mike Goldberg speaks.

That is written like Mike Goldberg speaks, the article.
7/12/10 4:18 PM
jjj2121

Garv, if you paid someone to make that picture, you need a refund.

That's the Photoshop version of Belcher's Johnny Cash tattoo.
7/12/10 4:21 PM
Crazy Zimmerman

jjj2121 - Garv, if you paid someone to make that picture, you need a refund.

That's the Photoshop version of Belcher's Johnny Cash tattoo.

lmao!  Dallas Winston usually gets a ton of praise for his shops.  Not this time, apparently. lol
GaymidaGaydan

Crazy Zimmerman - 
GaymidaGaydan - I read the article....

"Spike TV pretty much runs everything on The Ultimate Fighter. They could be sub-leasing the UFC name, but I'm sure Dana and the UFC are getting a nice little pay check from Spike but other than that, Spike runs the thing. Dana doesn't choose who's going to be on the show, it's Spike executives. Even when I was on there in the earlier seasons, they were picking a couple guys with funny personalities. I'm pretty sure I got on there not because of my good looks, but because I had a pretty good personality. Everything is ratings to these guys. Just like that season where they shot [expletive] inside the fruit...people do that stuff. Why? Because of ratings. Is it a health violation? Yeah, but did you see the Spike TV people stop that from happening? It sells ratings and that's all they care about. They could give two [expletives] about our career. They just care about the six-weeks that they're shooting and get as much drama and stupidity out of us. That's all we are to them is cattle and sheep. They way they run things, they're slowly controlling us to be like that."

HIGH FIVE GARV MY MAN!
jjj2121

Crazy Zimmerman - 
jjj2121 - That article is written like Mike Goldberg speaks.

That is written like Mike Goldberg speaks, the article.

First line..."Last Saturday, MMA fans were impressed again with a stunning performance by none other than Kendall Grove"

Goldie just got the lead-in for Kendall's next fight right there with Kendall posing in front of the stage lights or shadowboxing in the mist.
7/12/10 4:22 PM
MMAINCA

Bye Bye.
7/12/10 4:57 PM
BigEyedFish
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

end of a mediocre era
7/12/10 5:13 PM
jjj2121

Read the article and then comment n00bz.
7/12/10 5:14 PM
BigEyedFish
17 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

no
7/12/10 5:21 PM
Crazy Zimmerman

BigEyedFish - no

Ok, then just click on the link and click back.
7/12/10 5:25 PM
jjj2121

BigEyedFish - no

Typical MMA fan, commenting on something they didn't take the time to look into.

Hint: He's not retiring n00b.
7/12/10 5:26 PM
BigEyedFish

Hint, look at our Member Since dates and extrapolate info from it, noob.

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.