UnderGround Forums

UnderGround Forums >> Freddie Roach invited to TUF 12 show

7/12/10 4:54 PM
Ignore | Quote | Vote Down | Vote Up
stop_it_right_meow
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I wonder if he is going to appear on the show? that would be way cool if he did. I'm glad GSP worked with him, he needs to start knocking people out to get mainstream fans. This lay and pray stuff works for him but sometimes its boring as hell..
7/12/10 4:55 PM
Tom O Bedlam
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

lol @ lay n pray.

You're one of those, eh?
7/12/10 5:01 PM
stop_it_right_meow
134 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom O Bedlam -  lol @ lay n pray.

You're one of those, eh?

Not really, I'm a huge fan of GSP. Id like to see him stand much more than work on the ground or lean people up against the cage. Being that high profile and UFC WW champ, he has the potential to be its first legit mega star, but that style isnt going to win over those casual fans.
7/12/10 5:05 PM
Tom O Bedlam
13 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I'm just confused as to how you see lay n pray while most people see constant transitioning, striking, and submission attempts.

GSP's last 4 opponents spent every second of their fight trying to defend and had absolutely no attack...

Just curious where the lay n pray is.
7/12/10 5:49 PM
Spidermonkey
107 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Justinmacd - Freddy sounded awful in that video.

The Parkinson's is really catching up to him.

Nope, that is how he always sounds.
7/12/10 5:59 PM
MMAxNate
136 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Spidermonkey - 

Nope, that is how he always sounds.

was gonna say that almost sounds better than usual.
7/12/10 6:02 PM
nowaydo
57 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

GSP's last 4 opponents spent every second of their fight trying to defend and had absolutely no attack...

Great Point!
7/12/10 6:04 PM
shmuckothemighty
2 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

stop_it_right_meow - 
Tom O Bedlam -  lol @ lay n pray.

You're one of those, eh?

Not really, I'm a huge fan of GSP. Id like to see him stand much more than work on the ground or lean people up against the cage. Being that high profile and UFC WW champ, he has the potential to be its first legit mega star, but that style isnt going to win over those casual fans.

I would like to see your face after 30 seconds of GSP Laying and Praying on you.

7/12/10 6:19 PM
suioryu
Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

No need for GSP to get the ko, Koshcek will get subbed cause wrestlers aren't any good off their backs. Thats where Kos will be most of the fight.
7/12/10 6:24 PM
spidergward

GSP has a siiiick grappling coach!!!!

oh yeah!
7/12/10 6:24 PM
Pure
46 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom O Bedlam -  I'm just confused as to how you see lay n pray while most people see constant transitioning, striking, and submission attempts.

This post is correct.
7/12/10 6:31 PM
junkyarddogg24

Shawn Williams and John Danaher. Some of Renzo's top BB's and thats says alot. ALOT
7/12/10 7:19 PM
Bakahachi

Freddie Roach is pure class.
7/13/10 1:14 PM
AshBox
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Can't for the new season,....
7/13/10 1:20 PM
Gokudamus stole my name
95 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Fuck the casual fans
7/13/10 1:44 PM
Foos
64 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

Tom O Bedlam -  I'm just confused as to how you see lay n pray while most people see constant transitioning, striking, and submission attempts.

Well said.

I've always felt GSP has a fairly active top game
7/13/10 1:51 PM
Kostakio
492 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

ttt for GSP
7/13/10 1:56 PM
BanTheUKmmaNoobs

Got to give GSP some credit for recognising his weakness and the fact that the fans are getting tired of his lay and pray and wall and stall bullshit.

He's a talented natural athlete and working with Freddie will certainly help him get over his fear of striking (just telling it how we all know it is but don't want to admit).

7/13/10 2:33 PM
thePostman

I don't know why people think GSP has weak striking? He has never shown to be a weak stand-up fighter in the past. He grew up doing karate so i doubt he is worried about standing. He worked his boxing to hone his skills and get better not because he has weak stand-up, he always had good kicks look back at the Hughes fight. He wins fights on the ground in dominate fashion its called fighting smart and prolonging your career and health.
7/13/10 3:16 PM
Oblivious
1 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

thePostman -  I don't know why people think GSP has weak striking? He has never shown to be a weak stand-up fighter in the past. He grew up doing karate so i doubt he is worried about standing. He worked his boxing to hone his skills and get better not because he has weak stand-up, he always had good kicks look back at the Hughes fight. He wins fights on the ground in dominate fashion its called fighting smart and prolonging your career and health.

He hasn't bad striking at all, but I definitely have seen him look nervous for a half seconds wanting to get away from a fighter getting too close.

It may be nothing or I'm just seeing what I want to see, or he's just trying to focus on his gameplan, I don't know, but he didn't look comfortable for a flash.

I'd also like to see how he deals with someone getting a takedown on him or at least kill his attempts.

I'm looking forward to this season of tuf
7/13/10 3:21 PM
Kai Tremeche

BanTheUKmmaNoobs - Got to give GSP some credit for recognising his weakness and the fact that the fans are getting tired of his lay and pray and wall and stall bullshit.

He's a talented natural athlete and working with Freddie will certainly help him get over his fear of striking (just telling it how we all know it is but don't want to admit).

Wow, you're still acting all butthurt about Hardy getting embarrassed?
7/13/10 3:23 PM
Theonlyvivid

I think GSP's top game is very underrated..not overly aggressive like Fedor..but very calculated and is incremental with his transitions. Also does plenty of damage from guard and especially side mount.
7/13/10 3:27 PM
studiocamp
18 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

I don't want to watch a fighter who is being coached not to go for the finish until the last 30 seconds of every round. Yeah, it may be smart, but it's boring when a fighter purposely stays in his opponents guard just trying to wear him down. If wrestling was a spectator sport then there would be a demand for a pro league of real wrestlers who didn't have to grease up and wear boas and shit. GSP will apparently never be able to get Serra out of his head, and it is unfortunate.
7/13/10 3:44 PM
Jeepster
7 The total sum of your votes up and votes down Send Private Message Add Comment To Profile

be cool to see Freddy on the show, great trainer. Imagine being on the Kos team when GSP, Jackson, Roach et al are training the other team.
7/13/10 3:52 PM
strykr619

He sounds better actually. From what I've read his meds for the most part have slowed down the disease progression greatly. I hope they can find a cure , one of my close friends was diagnosed last year and he is only 35. 

Reply Post

You must log in to post a reply. Click here to login.